Short Luteal Phase Due to Breastfeeding - Advice?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've also posted this in breastfeeding section but hoping to get as much advice as possible so hope you all don't mind me double posting!!

I'm really after some advice and hoping for some positive stories :)

We had our first cycle ttc this month (3rd pp cycle) I used opks as the previous 2 cycles had not been regular length. I o'd on CD25. Unfortunately AF started just 9 days later :( So I understand I have a short luteal phase due to breastfeeding. Can I take steps to fix this while continuing to breastfeed? I have read ladies on here before talking about a few things - mainly vitamin B6 and vitex I think. Do I need to see a doctor before taking any of these? Has anyone had success with them lengthening luteal phase before? Are they safe for breastfeeding baby?

Sorry for all the questions!!

I stopped BF 3 weeks ago, got my first cycle back with a 7 day LP. :( I've started vitamin b6 to see if it will help. A quick call to a pharmacy or g.p. will be able to tell you if it's safe while bf. From what I gather less than 200mg a day over a short period should be fine while BF. xx

Will be stalking this thread. I'm breastfeeding and on my 3rd AF. My second cycle was only 23 days long and I'm on CD16 today and I'm starting to bleed. Will be buying OPK's to see what is going on.

Hi, I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago, my first cycle LP was 9 days and my second was 11 days. I also spotted from 6dpo. I'm currently taking B6.

Hi ladies. Did any of you get any advice on this issue? I got my first positive OPK last month, 19 months PP. I then had bleeding 7 days later so I think I've got a short luteal phase. I bought vitex and vit B6 but haven't started taking either as I don't know what dose to take and when in cycle to take and if totally safe while still BF. My LO varies from day to day in how often she feeds and does also drink cows milk plus occasional bottles of formula. Hoping by bumping this thread one of you or somebody else might have some helpful info. Good luck and baby dust to all x

Hi! I took a vitamin B complex which included 50mg of B6, started on CD1 of this cycle and just got my bfp!

I asked hubby to get me some last night. Started taking it yesterday so FXed.

Hi! I took a vitamin B complex which included 50mg of B6, started on CD1 of this cycle and just got my bfp!

How exciting! Congratulations and thanks for the encouraging news! Wishing you much joy and happiness x

Totally reviving this thread, I have the same problem. My LT has been 7 days for the last 3 cycles :-( even though the 3 before that it was normal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->