Short Luteal Phase :( Want to try supplements. Any advice?

Sweetpea31802

Reaction score
So I am going to ovulate tomorrow according to my cbfm. Which would be cd18. I would only have a lp of 10 days tops if I start my cycle on the 28th day like I usually do.

Anyways I have been researching up and down and read that Vitex (chasterberry) as well as Vitamin B6 complex could help lengthen my lp! Does anyone have advice or success stories taking this supplements and how long did it take to notice?

I wish I could go visit my doctor and talk with her and have some blood work done on me but I don't have that insurance anymore, all I have now is some riff raff one that takes over a month to see any doctor!! :nope:

So any advice please would be great!!!!!

Also seeing that this is the first month using my cbfm could it be "off" this month calculating my O day?

Such a bummer :(

I've heard the same about Vitex (chasteberry) and B6. I just started taking B6 a week ago to help regulate my LP, since I'm breastfeeding it's a bit short. I can't tell you if it's lengthened my LP or not yet, but I can tell you it has definitely affected my CM as I have more now than I did before taking it!

Im going to but some B6 complex this evening and Vitex. I am just so super bummed out now. Knowing my lp is so short!??
Can you lp change with age? Because I have two kids and didn't have any real issues conceiving them. Maybe I am just O'ing late this cycle?

What day do you usually ovulate in your cycle? I know you can delay ovulation, which will delay your cycle...

My average cycle is 28 days and I thought I O on day 14. I did before when we were trying for our second and that was confirmed by the cbfm. This is the first cycle using the cbfm again I got all highs since day 6 and now day 18 it reads peak. I am just so sad right now about my lp. Anyway it may change next cycle? Hoping.

Your LP should always be the same unless you are breastfeeding, or have an LP defect, or if you're older and approaching perimenopause. If your cycle has been pretty regular until now my guess is that your Ovulation date was just delayed.

So, if normally your cycle is exactly 28 days, and you ovulated on day 14, you should have a 14 day LP. If you ovulated on day 18, you should still have a 14 day LP, which means AF will just show up 4 days later than normal. Does that make sense? In your case, if you DID ovulate tomorrow, I'd look for AF around August 1st. That is IF your cycle is normal and you are indeed ovulating tomorrow.

I would watch for other signs of ovulation like EWCM, O pains, etc... Because it could be possible that you're right about the cbfm being off as well. I've never used one, but I'm sure nothing is foolproof!

Agreed with the previous poster. LPs are typically the same from cycle to cycle.

I'd wait to see when your next cycle starts before you let yourself stress too much. You might have a longer cycle than normal which would justify the late ovulation.

Well if my lp is 14 days or so in length then that means my periods would start on July 31 or August 1. According to my period tracker I do have an average 28 day cycle and that says my period should begin on the 27th, next Saturday and my O day on the 13th which was 4 days ago and obviously didnt. I couldn't imagine my period starting 4 days late though its usually like clockwork 28-30 days tops.
Gosh I'm so bummed I don't even feel like bding tonight cuz
I feel like why bother nothing is going to come of it anyways.
I did buy B6 complex as well as Vitex this evening and already started taking the B6 100mg. Guess it can't hurt.
But so curious if I have a short lp how the heck did I get an sustain a pregnancy with both my kids? Did it change!? I am 36 right now could I be in peri menopause at 36?
Thanks for all who have read my rants and vents I was just so excited seeing the little egg this morning and didnt even know about luteal phases much at all.
Hope it all works out for me and this is just a fluck cycle or something.
Oh! One thing I was going to mention! For
About 4 days I've been having af type cramps could that of been my body trying to O but couldn't? Maybe it was trying to be in time? Ideas?
Thanks again for reading this far.
:)

Things could change as we age or after we have kids, it's also possible and totally normal to have an off cycle. And because we are all TTC we are much more aware than we would be. So maybe you do normally have an off cycle once a year but never noticed.

Don't give up hope! BD to relax ;)

thatsn weird my Lp always changes i have been charting for over a year, and sometimes with ff it would be 10 days, 12 days, 15days, 11 days, mine changed, sometimes my o day would be day 20 to 25, my o day would change according to ff and so did my Lp.

maybe fertility friend does my O day wrong or something not sure, this month im doing vaginally temping so might make a difference

traylee - I personally don't put a lot of stock in an online tracking program, even FF. I know it can be extremely accurate for some while others seem to have issues with it. Vaginal temping is more accurate I've heard, so hope that works for you!

If your LP is actually changing that often, you may want to talk to a doctor about it and maybe start taking some supplements to regulate it! But in a normal female cycle, LP's do not change. Your overall cycle length can change, and the day you ovulate can change... but your LP should not.

Sweetpea - At 36, I highly doubt you're in perimenopause although stranger things have happened... but I wouldn't be too concerned about that! You could be right about your body trying to ovulate and not succeeding, that happens sometimes. And the simplest things can throw your ovulation off! I hate to say it, but the only way to know for sure is to wait and see when AF comes... or if you get a bfp! You've obviously sustained 2 pregnancies, so I wouldn't stress out about it. I know it's frustrating though! Hang in there.

I'll wait with you, I'm still hoping I actually ovulated this time. Last time my body geared up to ovulate, it didn't succeed. :dohh:

Thank you ALL for your advice and kind words, I am beyong myself right now and totally bummed out beyond words right now. I just wanna cry!!!

Sweetpea, I just very recently started to track my Cycles after getting of a mirena IUD where I had no AF. Well I found I had short LF too and started on vitex and it stretched my cycle another 4 days from 28 to 32 on my first month with it. I'm on my second month on CD10 and today got a faint line on an OPK so I'm going to say the vitex is really doing what it's supposed to do and maybe I get a text book cycle this month. I also added a glass or two of raspberry leaf tea and black cohosh from CD1-CD10

How are you doing, Sweetpea? Any updates?

Nothing to update thank you so much for asking
It means a lot to me!
I am currently doing B complex 100mg daily as well as Vitex 1,000 mg daily.
Can't hurt to start early I suppose.
I just pray my next cycle I O around day 14 at least.
I feel so sad still and I know even by dtd like we did this cycle I still feel my af will come
By next weekend as scheduled.

Well, hang in there! I know it's very disheartening! :hugs: It probably doesn't help, but you've already got 2 beautiful children to enjoy! What blessings!

Ye we sure do have 2 beautiful healthy children that mean everything to me!!! but when you want one more and seems like its hopeless it makes you want that one more even MORE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->