Short luteal phase

bb0506

Reaction score
Been ttc almost 6 mos., which I know is not a concern. However through charting have determined my LP is only 9 days. Made an appt to see the dr for first time ( been seeing NP). Any advice on what to ask and what to expect? I have read on here alot of people try B6 and I actually tried that a few days this cycle but quit when I started seeing flashes out of my left eye. I don't want to try anything new now without checking with my doc after that. Anyways just looking to hear from others with this condition.

Hey girl!

I wasn't officially diagnosed with a short luteal phase, but I did have low FSH, which often goes hand in hand with shortened LP, so for the low FSH I had to take Clomid (induced ovulation) and then I used progesterone inserts after ovulation, which is the most common treatment for a LP defect. The progesterone comes in a little tube, like a yeast infection treatment medication, and you just use it once daily at night before bed. The first month that I actually ovulated on Clomid, I conceived and had no issues with my LP :thumbup: So I would definitely ask about the progesterone :D

As for B6, that stuff can work miracles or really mess a person up lol, I was taking it during my 1st trimester for morning sickness, it helped greatly, until I noticed tingling and numbness throughout my right side, accompanied by sharp nerve pain! It's a great supplement for people who don't get those wacky side effects :D

Hope this helps ;) GL at the doc :hugs2:

I also have low progesterone and short LP and am on my first month of clmid, hoping it does the trick! Good luck to you!

My best friend has an LP of only 10 days. She got pregnant twice though, both times took exactly 4 cycles. I think she also took B6.

Hey girl!

I wasn't officially diagnosed with a short luteal phase, but I did have low FSH, which often goes hand in hand with shortened LP, so for the low FSH I had to take Clomid (induced ovulation) and then I used progesterone inserts after ovulation, which is the most common treatment for a LP defect. The progesterone comes in a little tube, like a yeast infection treatment medication, and you just use it once daily at night before bed. The first month that I actually ovulated on Clomid, I conceived and had no issues with my LP :thumbup: So I would definitely ask about the progesterone :D

As for B6, that stuff can work miracles or really mess a person up lol, I was taking it during my 1st trimester for morning sickness, it helped greatly, until I noticed tingling and numbness throughout my right side, accompanied by sharp nerve pain! It's a great supplement for people who don't get those wacky side effects :D

Hope this helps ;) GL at the doc :hugs2:

Thank you! This helps alot. The b6 did not work for me (d/t side effects) so I'm hoping my dr will recommend what you did. Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear that if this is what's going on with me it is so easily treated. Very anxious to see my dr but appt is not for another month. However thankful for some direction so I can wait. Thanks again!

You're welcome hun! I was in your shoes before I had DS and I can totally relate to the panic and worry about what it will take to get pregnant, but at my 1st doc appointment, my physician made me feel SO much better when she said this is VERY common and very easily treated :thumbup:

Let us know how the appointment goes! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->