• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Short naps and wakeful nights

happymrs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having issues with every aspect of sleep with my 5.5month old.

From aged 2-4 months he slept through the night (although always early waking) and always had fabulously long naps.

The sleep regression hit at 16 weeks and everything fell apart. First his naps went down to 45minutes and he woke a few times in the night. Then his naps went down to 30 minutes and he woke every hour through the night.

Currently his naps are only 20-30 minutes (roughly every 2 hours although sometimes more frequent as he is always tired.)
He wakes every 1-2 hours through the night and always wakes at 5am ready to party.

He has a dark room with blackout blinds and white noise. For naps I read him a book, turn off the lights and shush/rock til drowsy then he goes in cot and sleeps. At night he has a bath, massage and bottle and in cot where he often goes straight to sleep but sometimes needs patting/shushing.

At each wake during the night he just needs dummy popped back in, a quick pat and shush then sleeps. This doesn’t work for naps or at 5am!

Should I get rid of his dummy to improve this? If yes, any tips?

Any other advice on lengthening naps or staying asleep would be gratefully recieved!

Also - he isn’t hungry at night.

Many thanks in advance!

Everyone is different but I never liked pacifiers. They fall out their mouths and it makes them wake up.
As for the sleep regression my son's 11 months old and has this issue as well. I know there's different ages they go through this so I'm not sure when it ends. I'm in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"