Short of breath

DollPosse

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has been feeling out of breath lately?
I think I was 5or 6 months in when I started feeling short of breath, but I am not completely sure since it was 6 years ago. lol

yup i posted about this the other night, making the bed after washing the sheets was horrendous I felt like i'd just been for a huge run lol.

as far as i'm aware its to do with all our organs being smushed into our lungs, things are starting to get really cramped in there :p

I started getting horrendously out of breath around 18-20 weeks or so, the tiniest bit of physical exertion would just make me feel like I was wheezing! Even having long conversations I would have to take a break in mid sentence to inhale deeply. I called my ob-gyn when it started and the nurse said that this symptom normally is more of a third-trimester thing and to call my regular doc, so I did. I got checked up and my pulse-ox was fine and everything and the regular doc just said to chock it up to pregnancy. It really frustrated me because it really limited the amount of physical work I could do at any given time. I've had it for two months now and it hasn't gotten much better, but at least I know it's not hurting the baby. I do wish I had gotten a more satisfactory answer then a "just one of those things" kind of an answer though. Sorry you are experiencing it, it really sucks!

I started getting really out of breath around 20 weeks. It's supposed to be normal and apparently gets worse and worse as the baby grows. :(

Yes and i get warm quickly when doing chores. I also notice if im leaning back or laying on my back j feel pressure in my chest like im being crushed

I think with my daughter I started getting it more around 25 weeks and beyond. I see my Doctor in a couple of weeks I will bring it up then. I move and I swear I need sit down. lol

Thanks everyone!

i am getting severe shortness of breath this morning.. I couldn't eat, or move my body. And there was noone at home with me. I couldn't reach out for water to drink.
I was so worried, and brokedown crying. After calling my husband and mom, mom came over to look after me. I am better now.
It's really horrible. I feel for all of you.

Im at 17 weeks and I am definitely having a shortness of breath after going up and down two flights of stairs, which I normally do without a pause. I normally walk a mile at lunch time, and I have to do it alot slower than I used to or I get out of breath.

Oh yeah. Big time. I always have to take a deep breath to get enough air into my lungs. I work out about 3-4 times a week...I used to do 30-60 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine or treadmill. Now I can only do 25-30 minutes because it's hard for me to breathe.

I've been experiencing this on and off since about 8 weeks! Sort of feels like someone is giving me a big bear hug when I'm trying to breathe, and I can't get enough air in. I get really out of breath when walking around work, too, which is embarrassing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->