Short painless periods and TTC

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle, now I’m on CD16 since the bleeding started and no ovulation in sight.

My cycles for the past 2+ years since my second baby have been 2-3 days of light bleeding and almost painless, usually just cramps the morning the bleeding starts. Every now and then a cycle would be heavier and more painful but pretty infrequent. Usually 28 day cycles, I was even synced with the full moon for a while, very cool.

this spring and summer my cycles dropped to 26 to 24 days. But when I resumed having sex after a long period of abstinence, they immediately lengthened again, to 30, 32, 31 days.

I fell pregnant my first month TTC. And had a chemical. And now I’m terrified to keep trying, I’m so scared my light periods mean I’m infertile right now, no lining for baby to implant even though I have a long LP?

help

Perhaps if you are on cd 16 and have not ovulated it’s a good sign. Wouldn’t that give your body more time to build the lining? It’s not unusual for me to ovulate on cd 18. I tend to have heavier periods and bleed for 6-7 days.

Also, when your period lengthened did the lp lengthen or did you start ovulating later? Apparently the presence of sperm can mess with your hormones.

Hi Tea! You’re right, looking at delayed O like that didn’t occur to me, I was just seeing it as a bad thing like “oh no it threw me so off I’m not even ovulating on time!” Thank you sooooo much for suggesting this other perspective <3

when my period lengthened I went from ovulating on CD10-12 to CD12-14 on average. Last month it was CD12. I did read a bit about semen messing with things but couldn’t find anything specific about this. Seemed to me more like NOT having semen in me was messing with me lol, since this cycle length is healthier than those short ones!

honestly I’m wondering if all those 24-26 day cycles were actually anovulatory. I’ll never know.

I hope it is a good sign for you that ovulation will be later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->