Short vs long protocol

Srbjbex

Reaction score
We had our chat last week which talked us through what will be involved in ICSI when we go ahead. I may have a choice whether we follow the long or short protocol.

I understand the difference between the 2 in terms of timings, different injections etc... but I was wondering what the other pros and cons of each was, maybe on a practical level. Is one 'better' than the other? What are people's experiences?

TIA for any advice :flower:

Hi, I think the short protocol is meant to be a milder stimulation for less eggs but better quality, however I still produced 22 eggs but think I have high amh
I found the short protocol quite relaxed and from starting stimms til egg collection was only 12 days
And think the long protocol is more for if you have a lower amh, hope this helps! X

Thanks that's useful. i have high amh too, so that's interesting.

Hi, I was on the short protocol and found it quite easy compared to what I've read about the long protocol, it does produce less eggs but they are meant to be better quality. I have a little boy from my first cycle in 2011 and we recently cycled again, short protocol again and I'm currently expecting again .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->