Shortened cervix at 9 weeks?

AllisonEm

Reaction score
I am 9 weeks and had some issues Friday with very mild cramping and spotting. Got an appt. with my OB and after a transvaginal ultrasound she said the bleeding was normal, but she is concerned about the length of my cervix. She measured it a 2.3 cm. She told me not to be worried, but to stay off my feet as much as possible, not lift anything heavy, etc... and will recheck in 2 weeks. Baby's heartbeat looked good and we were able to hear it loud and clear.

I ended up going to the ER early this morning because the bleeding became more red and slightly heavier. The ER doctor says threatened miscarriage. Baby still looked good on the ultrasound and its heart rate was 160. My hcg came back at just over 22,000 and my progesterone was 17. I have no idea what either of these mean, but I do know that they should be rising. Right? I'll go back tomorrow to see if there is any change in those numbers.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

The only thing i know that if you have had a baby and given birth vaginally your cervix will always be slightly open.

I hope everything is ok hun ill keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"