Shortening Cervix

girlmom2

Reaction score
I am currently pregnant with baby girl #2 and will be 20 weeks tomorrow! So far this pregnancy has been worse than my 1st one and I was put out of work at 21 weeks with my DD #1 with issues of shortening cervix. I have already seen a perinatologist since 16 weeks due to bleeding issues (placenta previa) so they have been keeping an eye on my cervix. For those of you who have had a cervix that shortened in a prior pregnancy did it shorten in the pregnancies following? I have to see the perinatologist every 2 weeks to check so my next appt is next Tuesday where I will almost be 21 weeks. I am just anxious I guess and want to know if I am going to have to deal with the issues that I had to deal with my DD #1. I hope this makes sense lol.

I think it's excellent that you are being monitored so closely .they will catch it if it does start to shorten. Maybe you could talk to your doc about cerclage?

Thank you love.peace

BelleNuit luckily last pregnancy my cervix remained closed until DD 1 decided to come at 41 weeks. We only were on progesterone and I was taken off work at 21 weeks. So there really is no need for a cerclage thank God. I was more curious as to if anyone who has been through this and had their cervix shorten again with their next pregnancy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->