shortening names

i think that was a tad innopriate there...

but i love the name ty! its great:)

Sorry but how was that innopriate? The OP asked how people felt about people shotening their kids name, i was simply letting then know i am happy for people to so!!

My friends call Jack JD :) I don't mind... my family call him Jack or Boo :p he'll decide when he's older if he likes nicknames/which ones he likes, I don't mind personally :D

How the hell was that inappropriate? OP asked for people feelings on name shortening... all NessaJane did was share HER feelings on the subject. Just because someone doesn't respond with the same opinion as everyone else doesn't make them wrong or inappropriate.

Lucy's name either gets shortened to Lou, or lengthened to Lou lou or lucy lou, shes only called Lucy when shes naughty! :D

How the hell was that inappropriate? OP asked for people feelings on name shortening... all NessaJane did was share HER feelings on the subject. Just because someone doesn't respond with the same opinion as everyone else doesn't make them wrong or inappropriate.

There was another 2 posts by a new member that were inappropriate... they got removed almost instantly...

well done mods :)

i dont mind cos i started it :rofl: i called Riley Ri all the time..but if it bothers you sweeheart, say nicely but firmly, they are your kids after all :hugs:

We often call Poppy 'Pops, Popsicle, Flopsy Pops (don't ask!!)' but none of my family ever did until my brother and his wife came to visit at Christmas (they live in America) and they only ever called her Pops or Popstar. Didn't bother me but I have noticed that now other family members refer to her as Pops a lot.

If you are uncomfortable with it then you should maybe have a word xx

I was worried. Or am worried that Alasdair will get called Alice...but that's because it's a girl's name. I call Alasdair 'Ally' a lot. More than I call him Ally actually and I didn't think I'd do that before he was born, but now he really suits it and I think it's cute. His middle name is James and I suspect when he is a cool teenager he'll get called 'AJ' lol.

I think it's your choice but at the end of the day, it's the kid who'll decide if they like being called something or not.

I don't particularly like it. Everyone seems to call her Tiff though! It gets on my nerves. I always call her TiffSSSS with an S on the end and it just annoys me like hell when people call her different things. I've just learnt to ignore it though. :dohh: x

My family all call Tye 'Tyty' although its not really short for Tye lol! But it doesnt really bother me, i dont pay much attention!

totally understand, we shorten Lillyann's name to lilly but thats mainly due to the different spelling of her full name causing a bit of confusion - shortening it makes it less likely people will get it wrong.

Its your children and if you and your husband specifically don't like it then people should respect that

one of the reasons we chose Hannah's name was because it would be hard to shorten :lol:

one of the reasons we chose Hannah's name was because it would be hard to shorten :lol:

my sister is hannah and we call her h and han!! so it can be done lol!!

my favourite is hannah banana though :lol:

Nobody shortens our kids names as they cant really be shortened!

noooooooooooooooooo kerry :rofl: Actually my biggest worry was the MIL trying to use Hannah's Chinese middle name (which I don't like!) but she hasn't so far.

Hannah gets Hannah banana sometimes a few people say Hannah Montana (which I hate and they get a dirty look for :rofl:)

noooooooooooooooooo kerry :rofl: Actually my biggest worry was the MIL trying to use Hannah's Chinese middle name (which I don't like!) but she hasn't so far.

Hannah gets Hannah banana sometimes a few people say Hannah Montana (which I hate and they get a dirty look for :rofl:)

lol.... my sister gets hannah montana too... it started when we went to florida and going through security they guys asked us if we had ever heard of hannah montana :rofl: its kinda stuck!!

We named both our children names that could be shortened...I don't mind what "version" people use....Dan likes his name short and at the mo Rebecca is known as Becky most of the time!!

We're the same. We specifically chose names that could be shortened. You can't do anything with Helen really and I was always envious of that variety that other people had.

That said, Charlotte is always Charlotte but Tom gets everything (Tom, Tommy, Thomas). I don't even notice.

I think winnie sounds like a horse's name :rofl:

Kathryn's aunt and cousins call her KJ (kay-jay) (her middle name is Jade) and I think it's really cute, me and DH have used it too, we mostly call her Kathryn though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->