Shorter feeds at 15 weeks?

coco25

Reaction score
My little boy used to be constantly feeding, and taking a good 30 minutes at least for each feed, but now seems to be a lot quicker, often only 10 minutes. Is this normal? Bit worried he's not getting enough.

Thanks x

yeah my little girl did this, would feed for about 30/45 mins, then she started only feeding for 10/15 mins (and still does) i think as they get older they learn to get the milk out quicker, the suck is stronger, at least thats what i think any way lol x

i am a first time mum of a 5 week old so not much help although am interested in replies as i would prefer it if my lo wasnt constantly attached for ever lol. maybee they get stronger jaws and get more milk out ?

https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/204552-true.html

heres the link to a similar thread i started about the same thing, might help a little x

Totally normal -- they get more efficient at feeding. MY LO can finish off both bbs in less than 5 minutes when he is serious about it!

That's fantastic news! He's still piling on the weight so I will relax and just enjoy not having him permanently attached to me! Thanks ladies.

best news i have ever heard, hope my lo gets better at it soon lol

Oh Ilana can be done in less than 5 lately! She's a powerful little sucker!

yep, Hamish is now regularly feeding for 10-15 minutes at a time - when he was really little he would quite happily chomp away for over an hour!

Same - Eve seems to fall asleep on the boob less :blush: and now has both in around ten mins instead of one in around half an hour.

Loads of wet nappies, weight gain is about 4-5oz a week, so I've stopped worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->