Shorter periods...WTH!?

wlovew

Reaction score
I know as you age your cycle changes... That being said, I am 32 and for as long as I can remember my period has always lasted a full 5-7 days. Well my last 2 periods have only been 4 days. Today is day 4 of this (second short) period and I haven't had a drop of blood all day. I am concerned that maybe this is a sign that my endometrial lining is not going to be sufficient for implantation... WHY does this have to happen when I decided to start trying!? What the heck :( Or am I just freaking myself out for nothing?? I tried that Fertilitea last cycle and felt like it screwed up my CM (dried me up), I wonder if it didn't also screw up my hormones?? Pardon my french but I feel like blurting out a few choice cuss words right now and crying. I hope it's nothing and I'm just lucky this last couple of months with shorter bleeding.... :cry:

Unfortunately as we get older our bodies start producing less estrogen and that leads to a thinner uterine lining which increases the risk for chemical pregnancies and makes our periods shorter. mine used to be 5-6 days as well but gradually they have gotten shorter over the years now I have only 2 days of heavy bleeding followed by a day or two of light bleeding. since mine starts out so heavy I am not too worried about thin lining. I am taking Amazing Grass Green SuperFood to improve my fertility as well as co-q10.

Here are some herbs/supplements that help improve uterine lining:

Red clover :nourishing herb supports uterine lining
Royal jelly : increases uterine lining and egg health
Raspberry leaf:taken till ovulation:uterine tonic , strengthens uterus, builds uterine lining
Evening primrose oil:balances hormones, increases EWCM and uterine lining
Maca root:nourishing food for the endocrine system,
aiding both the pituitary, adrenal, and thyroid glands (all involved in hormonal balance.)
Pomegranate juice: take till ovulation: raises estrogen, increases EWCM and uterine lining
Grapefruit juice :take only till ovulation: Raises estrogen
Peppermint tea : raises estrogen and FSH
Green tea: take till ovulation: increases blood flow to the uterus, increases EWCM and uterine lining
Alfalfa : detoxifies the body ,Balances PH ,increases estrogen
Vitamin E,600mg: increases cell regeneration, increases uterine lining

Mine used to be 5-7 days also, usually the last day was more like spotting. But I had a Mirena after my first baby, kept it in the full 5 years. Got pregnant after only 1 cycle after removal (was shocked it was so fast! And the 'period' I had was only 2 days), had another Mirena put in after that baby. Mirena2 was in for 3 1/2 years. Both times it was put in before my cycle re-started and both times I had no periods the whole time it was in.

Now that it's been removed, my periods are only 4 days. Two days are very, very heavy, then one light day and one spotting day. My entire cycle has gotten shorter, as well. They've evened out at 25 days when they used to be 4 weeks, so now I have a short LP to be concerned about. Only 10 days, which means a few days of implantation time has been lost. :(

I thought it was gone day 4 but later that night I got more bright red blood, even had some yesterday. So that was a semi-normal 5 dayer. I really think that tea screwed with my cycle!!!

I didn't realise that short periods could be a bad sign. I thought longer than 3 days was ok. I've always had short periods, hope it's not a problem when we ttc!

I didn't realise that short periods could be a bad sign. I thought longer than 3 days was ok. I've always had short periods, hope it's not a problem when we ttc!

From what I've read online, 3-7 days of bleeding is considered normal. The less you bleed, the less endometrial lining was there to shed. It could be a problem if your lining wasn't thick enough to support a fetus. But I'm no expert lol so if you're at all concerned just call your OB and double check! But what is NOT normal is for your period to suddenly change from a 5 to 6-day bleed to a 3-day bleed! That has me a little worried. Coincidentally it is the cycle I drink that FertiliTea. I was so hopeful that the tea would HELP me. I thought my erratic cycles (24-31 days, always different) was considered "irregular". Apparently it's regular because it's within the normal range, even though it is always different. Some months it'll be 28 days consecutively, sometimes it's 25, 28, 30, 27...but I guess that is still "regular". I JUST WANNA GET KNOCKED UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->