Shortness of breath and tight chest

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Faerie, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Is anyone else suffering from this? I often feel like my breathing is restricted, and now even short walks leave me out of breath. I've always been active but have stopped exercising at the moment apart from walking due to previous mcs. I'm not overweight at all.

2. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

maybe your bodies missing the excerise/// il would def tell your midwife immedaitly and see what she says x

3. Holly21

Holly21 Well-Known Member

Any recent changes in the environment around you e.g. animals, paint fumes, perfume? Breathlessness and chest tightness on exertion should never be ignored - there are several potential causes which your doctor can further evaluate. If it's mild then you can wait to see your own doc tomorrow: if it worsens or it happens at res or it's worrying you then contact one of the weekend services :hug:

4. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

I'm finding that I can't take a 'full' breath lately.. I'm not out of breath but when I try to take a nice deep breath, I can't.

I think I've read somewhere that that can also be a sign of anemia (which I've recently found out I've got). Are you aware if you're anemic at all? Maybe that could be it..

5. Raqual24

Raqual24 Well-Known Member

I also get out of breath much easier, and are generally breathing a lot deaper than usual. I actually remember right before I found out I was pregnant, I went for a walk and was more breathless than usual. Told my doc and he didnt seem too bothered. He said something along the lines of that there's a lot more blood pumping through our system right now (up to 40%) and our bodies are generally working overtime right now. I think it also has to do with the fact that our bodies are compensating to get more oxygen to baby.

6. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

this apparently is a normal symptom of pregnany! look it up! x

7. codex

codex Well-Known Member

I get this a lot too. I just feel so short of breath after doing the lightest activity. It's terrible lol

8. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Hi girls, thanks for all your messages, and reassurance. It's not bad, it's not like I'm just sat here and feeling out of breath. I think it's coupled with the tiredness too. The biggest change in my environment is now I'm in the smoggy UK and not breathing clean Swiss air anymore ;) I'm not anemic, been tested for that recently.

9. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

this is a classic symtom babe.

10. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

I have a terrible cough and usualy I can keep going but Its knocked me for 6 tottaly.

11. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I have this too ,even walkng up the stairs and I am panting sometimes!

12. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Yes I have this too!
    A few weeks ago I was walking up the stairs to my work (4 flights) which I have done for the last 2 years and I was completely out of breath, felt like I ran a marathon.

I also dont walk as fast as I usually do.

A colleague of mine is now at 31 weeks and she is out of breath all the time, so its definitely a symptom ;)

I now have a really terrible cold and cant breath through my nose and even breathing is more difficult :(

Hugs, x

13. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Yeah im the same too hun, its normal though, unless its really bad then you should get it checked out x