Should dollar store hpt be getting darker every 3 days???

6footnoodle

Reaction score
Hey. So I was wondering if the dollar store pregnancy test should be getting darker every 3 days since hcg level should be doubling then. I just took one 3 days after my last one and I don't see progress. I took it at 4 weeks and now at 4w3d. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

I wouldn't be still testing. Tests show your pregnant they aren't designed to show you a rise in hcg hun. All it takes is for their yo be less dye in a test or your urine to be weaker and results will vary hugely xx

Id say no. I was probably looking at 5-7 days to see progress in IC.

I think it may differ person to person. I agree that if you got two positives, stop testing and call your doctor and proceed accordingly, you're pregnant. Just assume everything is ok, unless there is a concrete reason to think it may not be.
But since you're asking, mine did darken every couple of days. Are your lines already dark, then maybe there's no more dye for them to get darker? They are only a dollar....

I only found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks because I used a cheap one when I would have been five weeks pregnant and the line must have been so faint I never even noticed it and threw it out thinking it was negative and after a family holiday a week later I took another one and a pretty faint line showed up and kept testing every few days and it stayed faint till recently at just over seven weeks pregnant and now I've finally got a proper red line haha so I wouldn't think to much into it tbh a line is a line! :flower:

Ok thanks guys. I will stop focusing on the darkness of my tests. When I take it after 2 min it is a faint line but after 5 to 10 min it pretty dark. Maybe I will take a frer tomorrow and then make an appointment with my doctor for my first appointment.

I bought dollar store tests this time because after well over a year of issues I was tired of spending the money on tests.

In my test instructions it did say that the testing line may not be as dark as the control, but as long as there are two lines it is a positive.

This could help you out. The first, second, and forth are dollar store tests. The third was first response (upside down). 10dpo, 11dpo, 12dpo and 14dpo. I only tested like this because the first test was a week before my missed period and I just didn't believe I had a positive already

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 39
Here is my dollar store test if it helps. :)

Attachments

• 2014-10-09 06.11.50.jpg
    2014-10-09 06.11.50.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22

Yours looks like mine. I was just thinking it would start getting darker. I'm just being crazy. I will make an appointment with my doctor. I am pregnant and need to relax :)

Yours looks like mine. I was just thinking it would start getting darker. I'm just being crazy. I will make an appointment with my doctor. I am pregnant and need to relax :)

:happydance: Yes! Call the doctor. :)

My test looked like that and I've had two blood tests and am definitely pregnant with great numbers. :)

My dollar store test wasn't darker til a whole week later :) and even then it wasnt THAT much darker

I took a frer today and now I feel better. The test line came up before the control line and is so much darker. Yayy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 8
Looks great! I love when the test line is darker than the control! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->