Should hot lines get darker?

Hen

Reaction score
I've seen lots of lovely tests where people have had progressions in the darknes of their lines. Does anyone know if you have to see the second line getting darker in order for it to be a viable pregnancy.

I got a bfp on saturday, but I'm not sure the lines have really got darker since then and I'm feeling a little worried. Thanks

not necessarily hun. If you are doing the same brand at the same time of day then you would expect a faint line to get more pronounced over a couple of days. But wee strength, time of day, brand and even batch of test (some just get more dye than others) can all factor in.

hey hun! i'm not sure! i think a line is a line tho! have u done a clear blue digital? can u post the pics on here? xxx

I'll try get get some pics this evening and see what everyone thinks. I did a superdrug test on sat afternoon and another one on Monday which looked darker, but I think I need to do another frer to compare to Sundays. I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid but it's the first hint of a bfp in 6 months and I guess it's natural to be worried. At least I hope it is!!!

Thanks for your replies :)

Hi Hen,
I've also read that they can be a bit random, due to dye on the stick, and how strong your wee is ;)
Here's how my tests went ;) (yes, i wrote them down! hehe)
My last period was on 10 July.

11 Aug. 18:00pm Faint positive :O (Tesco.)
12 Aug. Tesco in morning. same. Reveal @ midday. faint +ve
13 Aug. Reveal in morning. same.

... (at this point i realised testing every 12 hours was madness/expensive!)

18 Aug. Morning. Tesco test - much darker than first :D

I definitely tested at a better time of day for the one on the 18th - but I was really relieved since I'd had the same worries as you.. when the tests didnt change every 12 hours ;)

Pic is attached :)

Attachments

• pregtesco1and2.jpg
    pregtesco1and2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 11
We are funny things aren't we! I think it must be fear of the unknown and a lack of control that have turned me into such a worrywart!! :)

my OH thinks I'm batty fir not trusting the test results but I know quite a few people who have lost babies over the last year, so my belief that positive hpt = baby has been reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->