Should I be pissed about this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kitabird, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kitabird

kitabird Mammy to 2 boys

OH and I were supposed to be going out tonight with a group of his mates and I was really looking forward to it, it had been planned for ages. Then about two days ago they all decided that they were going to get curry for dinner, which unfortunately makes me feel very sick at the moment, even the smell of it makes me wanna heave, so I had to say I could no longer go. My OH of course has now gone out without me, even though he knows how much I wanted to go and how disappointed I am that I can't. So here I am stuck home alone feeling sorry for myself. OH knows I've been feeling really down this week and he still went. I didn't want to tell him he couldn't go, but isn't he being totally insensitive?? What do you think? :cry:

2. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

If he knew what was good for him, he wouldn't of left your side! How selfish of him! So sorry you have to deal with this.

3. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

that is selfish of all your friends really. theres plenty of other types of food that you all could of enjoyed! i would of made the OH take me out somewhere instead. is there anyway you could meet them after if they are going for drinks or something? x

4. kitabird

kitabird Mammy to 2 boys

Nah, I'm resigned to sulk for the evening now! If they aren't bothered about me being there, then I'm in no mood to make the effort.

5. Minstermind

Minstermind Well-Known Member

Aw....I'd be pissed and sulky too, especially knowing you were feeling down the whole week. I think it was a bit insensitive.

6. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

I'd definitely sulk!

7. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

Id sulk too

8. Shady_R

Shady_R Mum of 3 boys and 1 girl

Yep I would be sulking bout it too hun, my oh can be very selfish at times, so know how you feel.....Make him take you out at the weekend or something.....

9. Ginaerhol

Ginaerhol Mummy of 3 princesses :D

men can be so insensitive sometimes xxx

10. kitabird

kitabird Mammy to 2 boys

Glad you girls agree with me. I still feel a bit petty though

11. daisyfflur

daisyfflur Well-Known Member

Well in all honesty, they are his friends and it is Christmas, you can't begrudge him a curry with mates...unless you specifically said something he was probably completely oblivious...they just don't pick up on the same things we do. Can you organise another night out?

12. Unicus

Unicus Well-Known Member

I'd be well annoyed hun! Don't sulk, have a nice bath, do ur nails and generally pamper yourself for the evening :) x

13. kitabird

kitabird Mammy to 2 boys

I said that I was upset I couldn't go and that it wasn't fair he was going, but since I didn't actually ask him not to go it was probably still too subtle for him, lol. Don't want to spoil his fun, just feel a bit hurt. Hormones don't help!

14. jmct

jmct Well-Known Member

Yep you should be! but at least you were invited the first place...my invite has gone out the window as soon as i had a positive test result! and the bf still goes out everytime they pipe up! (so fair 3 times this week) so i will join you in the sulking and feeling miserable corner please

15. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Urgh, even thinking about curry makes me vom too....

My hubby wouldn't have gone I don't think. I'd be pissed too, he should've stayed home or arranged something else... Maybe he'll make it up to you?

xxx

16. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Unless you told him not to go, then I don't see a problem. Guy's don't take hints. I'm not the type to have wanted my OH to stay home or take me somewhere else, but it sounds like that's what you would have preferred and the only way he would know that is if you told him.

17. MrHenry

MrHenry I'm gonna be a Daddy!

Don't lump us all together.

My wife has already posted here. She's right, I wouldn't do that...I would at the very least talk to her about going somewhere with me.

18. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

If you didn't want him to go, you should have told him.

By not saying anything, you were giving him permission to go. I don't think he meant to be insensitive, but some men just don't think the same way as us girls!

19. lillprutten

lillprutten Guest

yep i would be a bit angry, its a bit nonchalant of him. and then i would go out myself with a friend or even alone or he could always get you something nice.

20. minichicky

minichicky mummy to isaac

I wouldnt mind him going out with his friends for xmas! Id want him to go and enjoy himself, it is xmas afterall! Just because im pregnant dosnt mean he cant leave my side!