Should I be pissed off?

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
I know at the time, he probably won't, but my boyfriend's birthday is the 22nd May, and my DD is the 26th May, and he told me that if I wasn't in labour on his birthday that he'd be going out drinking still, should I be mad/upset at that or is it just hormones working it up? I'd really want him to be there for me that close to my DD!

Hmmm I wouldnt be mad. Does he have a cell phone? If so, could he still go out, and leave it on and if something happens that you call him right away? I know drinking and driving is a no no, but could he have a designated driver with him? I know him being a little bit on the tipsy side isnt something that you want when your in labor but, compromise might make things easier right now? Also, May is a bit away, he may change his mind the closer you are to labor. Lots of men go in protective mode closer to term and wont leave their spouce. So try to relax, and maybe say ok hun for now? Also dont be too stressed right now. Try to relax. Men dont understand the importance first off.

id b a bit upset about it, but i read this to my OH and he said 'no why shouldnt he go out' so maybe its a man thing lol.... i said to my OH id b peeed off, how drunk is he likly to get? too bad to b useful in the labour suite? xx

I would probably be a little annoyed but I do understand where he is coming from. My husband was terrified for our first child and he kind of new that once the baby was born his partying days were over so he wanted that last chance to get it out of his system. I was peeved at the time but now that look back on it I'm glad I let him have a little extra freedom before he became a full time, lock down Dad :)

As long as you can get a hold of him or he checks in on you, I dont see what is wrong with it.

I don't have a problem with him going out, if he want to go out, he does, but when he gets drunk he gets pretty wasted and doesn't always answer his phone.. And he's quite unreliable when he goes out too, like he's having a few beers, then turns out he's having a couple bottles of vodka, I'm more scared if something did happen, I couldn't get a hold of him, or he's a pished out of his mind!

he should be prepare at all time near due date, the baby can come anytime but I do understand he want to celebrate his birthday. Only if it is one time near your due date, I wouldn't worry about it.Hopefully, He'll drink moderate on his birthday because he'll never know.

maybe im the only one but id be extremly pissed off!! no way would he be going out if i was overdue (not that my OH would but...) i think you have every right to be pissed off! hes gonna have plenty more birthdays but your childs birth is once in a lifetime thing would you really want him to be pissed for it or risk missing it?? x

maybe im the only one but id be extremly pissed off!! no way would he be going out if i was overdue (not that my OH would but...) i think you have every right to be pissed off! hes gonna have plenty more birthdays but your childs birth is once in a lifetime thing would you really want him to be pissed for it or risk missing it?? x

Thank you! I thought it was just because it doesn't take much to piss me off anyway.. But he keeps saying he's serious, even though he loves to wind me up, which is just making me more mad! But he is a decent guy and I'm making him out to be a baddie, so hopefully when the time comes, he can arrange it for after baby gets here x

i told my husband no going out the last 2 weeks, and no drinks ... if so no delivery room

i dont think men think sometimes. they think everything will be fine i dont need to worry! lol. id ask him how he would feel if he missed the birt? might mke him realise xxx

my friends husband came back from a deployment ... few days before her due date ... he went out with her brother and got hammered ... she went into labor ... she was there, drunk ... after 2-3 comments the doc kicked him out

Oh my god! See with him, you can't really tell he's drunk, but imagine being drunk for that? I'd be so mad at him, I don't think I'd ever forgive him! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->