• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should I be showing by now? - Update (happy now!)

SilverWillow

1 girl, cooking #2
Reaction score
Or be able to feel something at least?
Everyone seems to be posting bump pics and talking about belly bands already but I am 11+2 and have not put on any weight and my tummy is still flat and feels hollow :( I just can't believe there is really a baby the size of a lime in a womb the size of a cantaloupe in there, there isn't enough room lol!
I've got my 1st scan tomorrow and I am scared to death there is going to be nothing in there :nope:

Sometimes I feel like this too! I think most of what I have going on right now is bloat because I can't really "feel" anything in there. If it makes you feel better though, I think most of the bump pics that show up in first tri are just bloating. That's what I was told mine was! I've been lurking in the second tri forums and there are a lot of ladies who don't start showing really until 20 weeks!!!

i was bricking it until my 1st scan guys , i am 15 weeks today and dont have much of a bump so dont panic about it ,easier said than done i know i was same but im sure everything will be just fine its amazing seeing baby for 1st time

Sometimes I feel like this too! I think most of what I have going on right now is bloat because I can't really "feel" anything in there. If it makes you feel better though, I think most of the bump pics that show up in first tri are just bloating. That's what I was told mine was! I've been lurking in the second tri forums and there are a lot of ladies who don't start showing really until 20 weeks!!!

Thanks Wendy, I've had a bit of bloating too on and off so I can see how that could look like a baby bump, but sometimes my stomach is just totally flat and hollow, I guess it must be well tucked in! I will be so glad when tomorrow is over with and I know all is ok! Have you had a scan yet?

im 25 weeks and only have a small bump :) so dont worry!! xx

i was bricking it until my 1st scan guys , i am 15 weeks today and dont have much of a bump so dont panic about it ,easier said than done i know i was same but im sure everything will be just fine its amazing seeing baby for 1st time

I can't wait for the moment that he/she pops up on the screen and I know this all hasn't been a dream! It will be amazing, Thanks :hugs:

Thanks Wendy, I've had a bit of bloating too on and off so I can see how that could look like a baby bump, but sometimes my stomach is just totally flat and hollow, I guess it must be well tucked in! I will be so glad when tomorrow is over with and I know all is ok! Have you had a scan yet?

No scan for me yet! I won't have my first one until around 20 weeks :( I've read that in the 11-12 weeks of pregnancy range, your uterus is still within your pelvic bone, so not to worry!

Or be able to feel something at least?
Everyone seems to be posting bump pics and talking about belly bands already but I am 11+2 and have not put on any weight and my tummy is still flat and feels hollow :( I just can't believe there is really a baby the size of a lime in a womb the size of a cantaloupe in there, there isn't enough room lol!
I've got my 1st scan tomorrow and I am scared to death there is going to be nothing in there :nope:

aaawww seriously don't worry...first time round for me i didn't show at all until about 18 weeks, I used to think it was impossible for a baby to ever fit in my stomach you've probably just got really good stomach muscles....sadly for me its not going to be the case this time as I have a feeling I'm going to be a porker :sad2:

with my first i didnt show till passed 15 weeks, being sick meant i had lost weight so stomach was concave too but scan definately showed baby!

that said with number three i have def bump already, scared it is twins because of that :wacko:

hope your scan goes well :thumbup:

aaawww seriously don't worry...first time round for me i didn't show at all until about 18 weeks, I used to think it was impossible for a baby to ever fit in my stomach you've probably just got really good stomach muscles....sadly for me its not going to be the case this time as I have a feeling I'm going to be a porker :sad2:

Just knowing that others have had the same thought stops me worrying, thanks guys!!

I suppose with a second it all stretches a bit more easily back into pregnancy shape!

20 weeks is a long time to wait until 1st scan Wendy.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, I have one at 4pm today I can't wait to see my blueberry/raspberry although I'm only about 8 weeks so won't be able to see much.

Will you be having your baby at the new birthing centre you have in Gloucester?

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, I have one at 4pm today I can't wait to see my blueberry/raspberry although I'm only about 8 weeks so won't be able to see much.

Will you be having your baby at the new birthing centre you have in Gloucester?

Oh good luck for 4 o clock! How exciting to see it so early!

Yes I will be giving birth there, I've seen the virtual online tour, it looks very nice! I really want to give birth in a pool and they have two so fingers crossed.
Are you giving birth there then?

No I'll be giving birth in Swindon GWH, I've just been going through my pack from the midwife and it says that the Swindon Birthing Centre will be open in 2010 maybe they have something similar here now, I'll have to ask when the midwife comes out.

I'll be begging for an epidural again so I won't be able to have a pool birth anyway, I'm not even thinking about other options if I can't have epidural as I'm too scared ...i'm such a wimp :haha:

This is my second and I'm not showing yet either. With my first, I didn't show until 5 months and others didn't really notice until 6 months. With my first I didn't gain anything until week 12-13..... With this one I've only gained a pound or two, so it's completely normal to not gain any weight yet.

i dint show till nrly 30 weeks i was still in my normal jeans when i had lo and he was nrly 8lb so i wouldnt worry about not showing

No I'll be giving birth in Swindon GWH, I've just been going through my pack from the midwife and it says that the Swindon Birthing Centre will be open in 2010 maybe they have something similar here now, I'll have to ask when the midwife comes out.

I'll be begging for an epidural again so I won't be able to have a pool birth anyway, I'm not even thinking about other options if I can't have epidural as I'm too scared ...i'm such a wimp :haha:

I'm actually scared to death of having an epidural!! I had to have a lumbar puncture when I was 18 and it was horrible it hurt so much then my back went numb AFTER they'd done it and was numb in one spot for weeks, I am so scared of having to have another needle in my spine I think I'd rather endure any pain!

How did the scan go??????????????????

Thanks so much for all your comments everyone I'm feeling much better now and looking forward to tomorrow. I will update after the scan :happydance:

i've got odd feeling bloating - but I have IBS so it's bound to be messing me up in all sorts of ways.

Anyways I wanted to say I should be birthing at GWH in Swindon too :thumbup:

https://www.swindon-marlborough.nhs.uk/sw2bmat08.php they have a birthing pool at the hospital :happydance:
Hopefully they wont think I'm too hippy with the hypnobabies :D
I've not seen anything about a Swindon birthing centre???
Mind you I dont see the midwife until 9th of Feb :(
Do you have any info?

I went to gatecrasher in birmingham at 6 and a half months and no one knew i was pregnant, a week after that i grew this big bump lol, it depends on how good your tummy muscles are. make the most of not being big now as you feel like a whale at 8-9 months! :dohh:

Just got back from scan, all good and dates are spot on, the blob is 1.5cm and I saw its little heartbeat going at 168 bpm :happydance: Will try and upload the scan pics at some point.

I don't have any info on the birthing centre, My friend has just given birth up there so I'll ask her. I've seen it mentioned a few times on forums and it mentions it in the midwife pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"