• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should I be showing by now? - Update (happy now!)

i wouldn't worry hun, i have what i like to call "fake bump" lol... it's really just bloating during 1st tri for the most part. i look like i've gained maybe 5 lbs, but it's really just water and air! i like to wear my belly bands cuz it controls my muffin top ;)

i would say you're just lucky! it's possible as well that you have a tilted uterus.....this can cause you to show later than normal... so could be the case too if you are still looking pretty flat.

To be honest, I might be wearing belly bands but it's more because I'm bloated and have a huge tummy to start with anyhow... I'm sure ur scan will be perfect :)

Or be able to feel something at least?
Everyone seems to be posting bump pics and talking about belly bands already but I am 11+2 and have not put on any weight and my tummy is still flat and feels hollow :( I just can't believe there is really a baby the size of a lime in a womb the size of a cantaloupe in there, there isn't enough room lol!
I've got my 1st scan tomorrow and I am scared to death there is going to be nothing in there :nope:

I have my scan tomorrow as well i will be 11+4 good luck xx:flower:

I didn't start to show until 22 weeks the first time around. Most people's bump pics in 1st tri are just bloat.

Browsing over from baby club - and have posted this pic on another thread but I'll post it here too (just an excuse to remind myself I did once have a flat tummy!)
I also thought the same before my 12 week scan. You will be fine!
This is me at 16 weeks pregnant - and again at 22 weeks, and finally 40 weeks. Don't worry hun - that bump will come!

p.s - sorry for overloading 1st tri with my bump pics...I'm starting to feel broody so keep popping in to see how you're all doing :haha:

Attachments

• 16weeks ish.jpg
    16weeks ish.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 22wksright.jpg
    22wksright.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 40wksleft3.jpg
    40wksleft3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
Browsing over from baby club - and have posted this pic on another thread but I'll post it here too (just an excuse to remind myself I did once have a flat tummy!)
This is me at 16 weeks pregnant - and again at 22 weeks, and finally 40 weeks. Don't worry hun - that bump will come!

p.s - sorry for overloading 1st tri with my bump pics...I'm starting to feel broody so keep popping in to see how you're all doing :haha:

Ooooooooh I can't wait to have a bump like that. You look like you were about the same size as me pre-bump too so I can see what my bump might look like! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Ooooooooh I can't wait to have a bump like that. You look like you were about the same size as me pre-bump too so I can see what my bump might look like! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

It is lovely having a nice big bump - but it does lose it's appeal by about 38 weeks :haha: So, you can see at 16weeks I had no bump at all, so hope it's reassured you a bit. Will be popping back to see how your scan went and to check out the pics x

It is lovely having a nice big bump - but it does lose it's appeal by about 38 weeks :haha: So, you can see at 16weeks I had no bump at all, so hope it's reassured you a bit. Will be popping back to see how your scan went and to check out the pics x

Thank you! I am so excited mixed with nervous, don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight :wacko:

Thanks for your messages everyone and good luck with all your scans/bumps too :hugs:

you're only 11 weeks! I didn't show at all until 21 weeks. or feel anything. theres this huge pressure I swear sometimes its like a contest and it's so not. 11 weeks is reaaaally early to show

I'm barely starting to get a tiny bump, but it's all guts/intestines/inner stuff being pushed up due to weaker stomach muscles this time around (they say you show about a month sooner on average for your second). Still, for my first I wasn't showing at all until about 14-16 weeks, and stayed small right up until about the last 6 weeks when I grew massive overnight.:haha: It's normal for many women not to show until late in pregnancy, some show earlier... it's all about your personal anatomy! I'm sure your LO is growing wonderfully. Enjoy your scan, they're magical!:thumbup:

most people dont show until amlost 5 months... all the bumps you see are probably their second or more baby, because they show much earlier!

Yeah my midwife said most first timers don't show until 5 months and that I should enjoy my time being comfortable.

Hi everyone I just wanted to say thanks for all your messages yesterday I was so nervous and they kept me sane. This morning I was really scared before the scan, then realised I'd forgotten to take my maternity notes and wee sample with me and burst out crying!!
But it was all worth it and as soon as I saw our little bean bouncing around on the screen everything was ok (such a lively bean!). So all is well and also I have been put forward 3 days to 11+6. :wohoo::yipee:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I was 7 months before i had a bump with both my kids :)

That's great news! I had my scan yesterday thinking I was 12+5 and got put forward to 13+3!! Feels great doesn't it :D
Congratulations on a healthy scan :)

I wasnt showing with my son til I was about 16 weeks 4 half months, cuz I am slim! Lets hope I am not going to show that earlier with this 2nd! X

That's great news! I had my scan yesterday thinking I was 12+5 and got put forward to 13+3!! Feels great doesn't it :D
Congratulations on a healthy scan :)

Thank you :hugs:
Oh yes I remember you are the one with the acrobat baby!!
Yes it feels great! :happydance:

I can't wait for a bump! I'm nowhere near being thin, so I know it'll take some time to show up for me, but I can't wait! Glad you got good news! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"