Should I be worried 16-18 dpo tests aren't getting darker

Cupcake1979

Hoping and praying!
Reaction score
Hiya, been testing like a crazy woman due to my history but would you be concerned that my frer and cheapie 25 ml test strips don't seem to be getting any darker. I'm so worried right now :-(

Attachments

• 20160107_103755.jpg
    20160107_103755.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160107_103637.jpg
    20160107_103637.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 28
They look like they are getting darker to me. I wouldn't worry to much. Stop testing and try and relax and enjoy it. What will be will be huni. Xx

I should have said it's the last 3 tests in each picture

They still look to be getting slightly darker to me. Honestly I wouldn't worry x

They look slightly darker to me too, more noticeable on the cheapies.

Also they are pretty dark so that is a good sign.

Thanks ladies on a bit of a downer about it today was expecting to see a really dark test :-( I have a scan booked a week on Monday so I guess only time will tell...

Thanks for your opinions xx

They look great to me. When I was testing I tested at 17dpo and the test line was very dark. Then tested again at 20 dpo and the test line was dark and control light. From 20-22 dpo the ics and the frer didn't change. Both very dark and darker than control. After a certain point they don't really darken anymore. The ics look darker to me and those are bad for showing good progression. I bet if you waited a few days they would show great progression.

So I've done another test strips cheapie like 10 mins ago... so about 12 hrs later... relieved to say it looks darker. Going to step away from frers tomorrow and hold off till Saturday, then try a digi - see if I can get 3+ (5 weeks on monday). Thanks for all your comments!

Attachments

• 20160107_222900.jpg
    20160107_222900.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 15
My tests looked all much the same from 15dpo. I had HCG taken 3 times and it rose beautifully from 130 at 15dpo and had a scan at 6+4 that showed a lovely little fetal pole with heartbeat.

Your tests look fantastic to me.

STOP TESTING!

Every person's hormones rise differently. I didn't notice much change in the darkness of my test lines when going day by day, only when I tested once every 3 days or so. After 18 dpo I stopped testing because I was driving myself crazy. My hormones kept rising and I found out today that I have a healthy baby with a heartbeat! Don't stress over test lines. The scan is what matters the most.

Looks great to me. I wouldn't worry about the progression. Are you having your HCG monitored?

No monitoring unfortunately here in the uk. Bearing in mind I've had an ectopic and 4 early miscarriages they said they'd only tested if I had pain... which I don't. Keeping everything crossed for now but had a blighted ovum before so just concerned it could happen again. I'm naturally quite apprehensive about the scan :-(

Given your history, you should be entitled to early scans regardless! Where in the UK are you? I'm in Glasgow and as I've has two previous losses (many, many years apart) I've had a scan at EPU at 7w and going back at 10w for a follow up scan, as well as my booking in and 12w scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->