Should I be worried about swelling?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by AC81, Oct 8, 2008.

1. AC81

AC81 Proud mum of 2

I know fluid retention is normal for pregnant women, and I've had a bit in my hands/fingers for the last couple of weeks. However yesterday my ankles swelled quite badly (for me), particularly the right one more so than the left. I've also been having some headaches, and seeing occasional stars - all of which I know can be indicative of pre-eclampsia. Am I over-reacting? Should I go and get this checked?

2. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

It's probably best to ring your midwife hun....tell her all the symptoms you have, and see if she can come check your blood pressure.

Better to be on the safe side xx

3. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

I would get it checked. There is no harm in being sure. Better to be safe hun. Hope all is ok xxx

4. cuddles314

cuddles314 Proud Mummy to Bobby

I would also say to get this checked, esp as you've had headache, and seeing stars. Fingers crossed that all is fine, but it's better to make sure. Let us know how you get on.
    xx

5. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Definately get it checked. Better to be safe than sorry! Let us know how you get along x x

6. Ames

Ames Mummy of 3 little men

best to be checked just incase :) is better to know its nothing then to sit worrying over it.

hope things go well :hug:

7. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

Get it checked if you're worried, i no longer have ankles and sometimes my hands swell up so much i cant close them :( my MW never seems bothered though....

8. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

Get it checked but just so you dont panic, I was seeing stars friday, massive swelling all over inc hands, pins and needles in my face and my BP was slightly up. I was monitored and it settled again and the consultant said its just late pregnancy symptoms.

x

9. angellica

angellica Mum of 4

I'd get it checked out - just to make you feel easier.