should i be worried or not...?

kittybear

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant today(5th Oct 2015).. last night, i started having left sided lower abdominal ache and then left lower backache too.. it's not painful.. just causing me some discomfort and sometimes there's sharp twinges on the lower left abd area.. no fever or vomiting. wonder what it could be.. any insights anyone?

hi, I remember getting twinges around 5 weeks on both my pregnancies, think its just the baby settling in :)

I had sharp pains on my right side a few times. It worried me a lot. I don't get them anymore though.

I had sharp pains on my left ovary and this was the side I'm sure I ovulated from. It passed at about 7 weeks.
I think worrying pains are if they are unbearable or are accompanied by heavy bleeding. Otherwise dull cramps and discomfort is normal

I think it's just where ligaments etc are stretching making room for baby x

If you are thinking ectopic with mine I was in fetal position on the couch for hours before I went to the hospital. I think I have a high tolerance for pain (2 non medicated births) and it was painful. I agree with the others about stretching and or ovary pain.

Agreed that it could just be your little bean snuggling in and your uterus stretching and prepping. Generally, unless it is REALLY bothering you or accompanied with bleeding I don't go to the doctor over it. All they can really do is offer advice how to manage the discomfort or run a beta. You MIGHT get one who will do an ultrasound at 5 weeks, but highly doubtful you can talk them into one unless you have a history of like cysts or mc.

Pains like that throughput pregnancy are normal. Ur body is adjusting to make room 4 baby

Hi everyone!
Thank you for the opinions and advices. My first pregnancy was 8yrs ago and i didnt experience any of this.. for that pregnancy, i only found out when i was 10weeks.. So i guess for this one, i'm more aware of what's going on in my body since i found out early and can't help but be a bit paranoid sometimes..

Really appreciate everyone's input. will try not to worry and enjoy the pregnancy instead! Thank you once again!! :flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->