Should I Be Worried?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Tiff, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Tiff

Tiff LIKE A BOSS

Claire's hit or miss with tummy time. I don't mind having her do it while she fusses, but I'm noticing that she won't actually push up on her arms. She actually won't even move them from her sides. She does the same thing when she's being held, she won't raise her arms up around us, she leaves them kind of uh...dangling down.

She gets super ticked if I get her to move her arms up. She'll push up on her arms on occasion if I'm holding her, and she'll do it if she's got something proppig her up while on tummy time... but I see so many pictures of LOs on here her age and younger who do push up on their arms.

It's starting to slightly worry me... :blush:

2. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry, because all babies are different! Main thing is you know she can do it, because she does it sometimes, she probably just isn't comfortable doing it, so doesn't :hugs:

3. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

rhys goes mad if i put him on his tummy,his face goes red as if he's saying 'what the hell' some babies like some dont
    xx

4. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I wouldnt worry too much either right now, some love one thing and some love another. She's just doing her own thing :lol:

5. Tiff

Tiff LIKE A BOSS

That's what Claire did at first! :rofl: The total confused look of how-in-blue-hell-did-I-end-up-like-this? She's getting better, but the arm thing was definitely starting to worry me!

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I wouldn't be too concerned either. Have you tried a tummy time pillow? It helped soooooooooo much with Hannah. We also found that putting her on her tummy in the mornings (when she's at her happiest) was best for her--she would actually stay there for a few minutes before whining :lol:

7. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

Yup the tummy time surf board helped Helena out tons. ^^

8. ani

ani Well-Known Member

My LO still hates it, and I've stopped pushing him. He enjoys sitting up and being on his back so I let him. I'm sure that somewhere along the road he'll pick up. I don't think many people get to be all grown up without ever learning to be tummy down ;)

9. Tiff

Tiff LIKE A BOSS

:huh:

What's this "Tummy Time Surf Board"??? Do tell! :rofl:

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hugs: i wouldn't worry too much sweetie, they're all different x x

11. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Kathryn had tons of leg strength but upper arm strength didn't happen for a while. She only started pushing up on her arms a few weeks ago, but she' on her hands an knees all the time now doing the rocking thing, and she pulls herself along the floor to get to things she wants. Enjoy it while your not pulling her away from stuff all the time.

12. isil

isil Well-Known Member

Alasdair absolutely hated tummy time! I didn't use a proper tummy time aid but I just put a little cushion under his chest and that seemed to help him. It definitely didn't impede him in learning to crawl or in developing in any other way :hugs:

13. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member

Hiya Tyff....our little girls turned 4 months at the weekend - can you believe it??

Anyway, I was worrying about this too and May literally just started doing it in the last day or so - but she was showing no signs of doing it at all before!
    She thinks its funny too, and laughs as soon as she pulls up onto her arms.

I want her to roll now!!!

Claire will get there soon dont worry.

xx

14. malpal

malpal Mummy to 3 girlies!!!

Lexie HATES it!! She screams the minute i put her on her tummy, and if i don't move her she just burys her face into the mat so i HAVE to move her. xx

15. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

Dan my 8 year old used to HATE tummy time... He used to grizzle after about 10 seconds, he was fine in the end He just took his time. His sister is doing the same now!!

16. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

So the Tummy Time Surfboard is good then?

I let Elyse sleep on her tummy if I'm awake to watch her and right beside her.. and she sleeps sooo well on it but she hates being on her stomach if she's awake! :(

17. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I didn't use that one, used a tummy pillow that came with a playgym but I'd say anything like the surfboard/tummy pillow is helpful

18. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Ya Jasmine was really good from birth-3 months... then would get super pissed at tumym time... and at about 5 months she started liking it again... and especially now that we're out at baby group or out babysitting she sees all the other babies/toddlers doing it so she is more excited about it.

19. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I used that one that Vickie posted and Helena held her head up at an early age and is crawling at an early age. I just constantly put her on her tummy. Not that crawling at an early age is a good thing :rofl: She is keeping me BUSY!!