Should I be worried?

Whiteandblack

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

So, I'm 10 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy), and this morning I woke up (TMI-ish coming FYI) and when I wiped there was some pinkish discharge. I haven't had any spotting so far except for the week before I got my BFP.

I haven't done anything in the past 24 hours (such as sex, etc) to possibly have caused this to happen.

No real cramping or any other symptoms to speak of. Had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and everything looked healthy and normal, heartbeat was there. No previous losses either.

I know spotting can be a fairly common thing but I'm still pretty freaked out (I freak out/worry easily). My OB's office is closed so I can't call them...

Not sure what to do. I don't want to be like a crazy person and get all worked up over nothing but I can't help it, I'm worked up :nope:

Don't stress dear! If you've seen a heathy looking little one and a heartbeat, I think you're fine. By this stage, if you were actually having a miscarriage, it would look like heavy cramping and bleeding. With my first pregnancy I had times throughout with unexplained discharges/light spotting. Can you call a patient advisory line at your hospital? They usually have protocol questions for you that can ease your mind.

I used to spot brown or pink around the time I should have been due with AF with my last pregnancy. So every 5 weeks or so for me. Everything turned out fine. Just look out for bad cramping and red blood.

Thanks guys!

I spoke to a midwife who was on call and she said it wasn't a cause for concern, but I went to the hospital anyway just to double check. Better safe than sorry. They did a bedside ultrasound and saw LO and a heartbeat. I probably overreacted, but I worry all the time anyway without the slightest sign of a problem!

It's tough going in the first trimester :wacko:

Thanks again for the reassuring responses :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back