• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should I be worried?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm currently 5w5d and last night I noticed some brown cm. I truly thought that that was AF coming, bringing bad news of a mc but when I woke up this morning there was no sign. In fact, even when I wiped there was nothing. I went to the toilet again about an hour later and when I wiped the brown was back. It's definitely not red or pink, just brown. I don't have any cramps - just a pain in my left hip and a little nausea. I had a CP in Feb at 4w3d so I'm feeling worried for sure!

I'm meant to be sorting out my midwife appointment today (after a right hassle). Should I tell them? Should I be worried?

Let your midwife know and I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry about it too much x

I've seen this on here before not yr actual post but a similar one, Read comments sayiNg it could be left over blood from implantation that has browned in.colour. Hope This.is right. Gl

Thanks ladies. I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about. I'm just taking it easy today all the same. I put on a santitary towel about 10.30am and other than two tiny brown spots there is nothing there so at least I know I'm not bleeding heavily for the moment. There's no pain either which I'm taking as a good sign.

I've been trying to get ahold of the midwife all morning to book an appointment (and to now tell her about the brown spotting) but the line has been engaged every time I try. Not helpful at all. To make matters worse I think they only take calls for appointments in the morning AND I think they'll be closed tomorrow and Monday for the Easter weekend. I wish I could just have a little reassurance that baby is okay.

Hi I had this last Friday, I'm on progesterone pessaries and lost a lot of the residue and it was really discoloured like all kinds of colours, after that I spotted brown until the next morning, was there everytime I wiped, it then stopped for the rest of sat but by sun afternoon there were 2 medium sized brown streaks on pantyliner after this nothing but I had a scan this week and all was well, also mentioned it to midwife yesterday and she said not to worry about it and it's quite common x

As hard as it is, try not to panic or worry. Definitely let your midwife know so they can possibly follow up or offer some reassurance.

5 years ago I had brown for several weeks that did result in mc. With this one I had it from 5+4 until 7+3, so I was out of my mind. I called when it first happened and they followed up with blood work and scans that same week, and everything has been, thankfully, okay.

So brown doesn't always mean mc even though your worried it could be. There could be several reason for it (with mine they couldn't find the source - so it could have very well been old blood from implantation, even though implantation occurred well over a week prior). I got my positive at 18 DPO.

I had some brown spotting with DD that I know was most likely left over from implantation as I tested at 13 DPO, so implantation was more recent with her.

I hope you can get in touch with your midwife's office today. Keep us posted :hugs:

Thanks. I haven't been able to get in touch with the midwife office. It's driving me crazy. There's still no pain and hardly any blood whatsoever but I'm still feeling very anxious. I wish I could just find out if my baby is okay and put my mind at ease already. I wish I could have gotten ahold of the midwife, just to ask her opinion. I'd really like a healthcare professional to know what is going on!

Do you have access to the 111 service, or something similar? My midwife told me to contact them or go to urgent care if I was bleeding (although, the advice was if I was bleeding more/heavily).. But, perhaps you could go to a walk in centre or something? See if they can refer you to the EPAU? I am sure it's nothing, especially as the brown spotting has stopped. I had spotting throughout my first trimester, bright red too, not brown. FX everything is ok xx

I think if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow morning/gotten worse then I'll phone NHS 24 (or whatever it is) if I still can't get hold of the midwife. im feeling really frustrated and pretty concerned to be honest. Wish DH would just hurry up and come home from work!

ETA: because it is such a little amount and there is no pain I don't know whether it is really worth my time calling the NHS24 line just now as I doubt they'd be able to do much for me whether or not it's a MC. Surely before 6weeks they wouldn't be able to see anything anyway?

I just went through this!!! Last Friday night I spotted very light brown, then once Saturday, nothing Sunday, and twice Monday morning and nothing since. Had scan yesterday and we saw baby and heartbeat. Dr said brown just means old blood probably left over from implantation and not to worry. They didn't see any blood while looking at baby so he said it was just implantation leftover and that 30% of women spot during 1st tri. Hope this helps Hun!!

I had this with my first around 6-7 weeks on and off for a couple of weeks. My son is 2 and a half now!

I was so worried when it started. I was convinced I was miscarrying but the hospital just said it was unexplained bleeding. Hope all is ok.

I had a scan at around 5wks & we saw a yolk sac. I was invited back in 14 days to rescan to check for viability. I think even if all you need is reassurance, then it's worth calling :)

Spotting has been slightly heavier today and other than a couple of minor twinges I've had no cramps or pain. It now got a slightly reddish tinge to it so I'm worried that I'm possibly having a mc. No clots or anything though.

I had heavy red bleeding from.6-8 weeks, was told I was miscarring. Well, my daughter is now 17 months old. It turned out I had a clot in my uterus that was resolving itself. Try to relax and not worry to much. I know it's much easier said than done.

Update: Still spotting although this morning it is completely back to brown. Yesterday the bleed was more than Thursday but I was also a lot more active yesterday - could that explain it? Its no where near AF type flow nor do I gave any cramps. I have to wait until Tuesday to be able to get in touch with the midwife so I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse between now and then. I'm also worried that I'm not feeling many symptoms any more. Still tired, left hip hurts in and off and a little nausea when I first wake up but everything else feels normal. Hoping baby sticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"