Should I be worried????

laustiredttc

Expecting no 2
Reaction score
Ok so little back story. Had harmony as I have DOR and was told it would be highly unlikely we would conceive again. By some miracle got pregnant so we decided on harmony for peace of mind. So far everything has been grand, harmony came back low risk and hospital results also low risk. When I had my nhs 12 week scan and my harmony scan, on both of them baby wouldn't move although fetal HB was detected. I'm now 16 weeks 2 days, this is my second pregnancy and I still haven't felt any movements what so ever????? I can't shake this horrible feeling something is wrong and I don't know why? I have my MW app next week and will ask her to check HB but really I feel like I need to see him on a scan. Should I be worried or is my mind playing tricks on me? Ps sorry for the long post and thank you if you've managed to read this far xx

I don't recall my first moving on her twelve week scan (although next two have) but she was perfectly fine. I also wouldn't say it's unusual at all to not feel movement at 16w, even with baby 2. Your placenta could be in the way, or just not big enough movements yet for you to feel.

Would your mw see you earlier to give you peace of mind? It's absolutely natural to worry when you can't feel anŷthing, or in fact we worry all the time, don't we? Would you consider paying for a private scan for reassurance?

I didn't see mine move on my early scan, either. And even though it's your second, you may not feel movement this early. Even some second time moms won't feel movement until after 20 weeks or so. It's normal to worry, especially given what you've been through. But try not to worry yourself silly. <3

Movement can be felt anywhere from 16w-24w. Sometimes it can happen earlier, especially if this is a subsequent pregnancy, but it's much more common for it to happen later. This is especially true if you have other factors at play, like the placement of your placenta. Don't stress about it. It's early yet. :)

Thank you ladies, I know a lot of it will be in my head it's just I can't shake this horrible feeling I keep having that something feels wrong. My MW is useless I've tried calling her over other matters and no reply from her. Currently in the process of changing. I asked my DH about having another scan but he wants us to wait for our 20 week one. I guess I'll just have to wait till next week, just praying that all is ok. Thank you xx

Have a you considered getting a Doppler to use at home? You can find them for a pretty reasonable price on Amazon and eBay. I have a sonoline that I've found incredibly useful for peace of mind during that time while waiting for consistent movement.

This is going to sound silly but yes I have a Doppler but I don't trust myself that I'm hearing the right heartbeat. It sounds fast and like a train on tracks but still I'm not 100% convinced? I think maybe because I don't feel pregnant at all, I'm even imagining my tummy going smaller, I'm feeling like a fraud?? The more I read what I write the more I realise it's all in my head and I just need to trust that all will be ok. Can't wait for this 20 week scan. Only 3 and bit more weeks to wait....... oh dear

Completely normal to feel that way, especially if you've been told you won't conceive again - I had that with DC3 and it took a very long time for it to feel real, add that to the fact that not much happens around 16 weeks and all symptoms generally go, try and see it as the calm part of pregnancy where you don't have too many problems :hugs:

Pretty sure my second didn't move on her first scan. If you use the doppler, you can sometimes hear the baby move. Sounds like a little 'whoop' sort of noise - hard to explain, but sort of like a 'squiggle' that interrupts the general noise of the placenta and the heartbeat. Almost like that noise a DJ would create when spinning a record?

Mine didn’t move either, apart from at the end when I said ‘you’re not as wiggley as your sister’ and all of a sudden it sort of jumped/hiccuped. It was so funny! But meep that whoop sound is an accurate way to describe that sound.
OP I only started feeling movements around 17 Weeks, it will come &#9786;&#65039;

Thanks ladies for your reasurrance. I have my MW app today so will just off load I think. Still haven't felt the baby move and still feel worried but I think once I speak to MW and she checks I will feel better..... hopefully anyway? Emsabub, meep yeah I've heard that sound on Doppler thinking it was baby move? I think my mind is just playing tricks on me. Thank you all so so much for all your kind and encouraging words. :flower:

My last pregnancy & this one, baby at my Harmony scan & 12 wk scans never really moved but hb was all good, with regards to feeling movement early on as this is your 2nd pg, you could very well have an Anterior Placenta - i have & i never felt anything really until wk 17/18 & even then it was just odd pokes, im sure baby is all gravy in there hun, i know its hard not to worry... :hugs: Im coming up 23 wks & have only started feeling abit more wriggly poking movement this past week or so, we just need to trust that our body is doing what it should be doing :)

My baby didn't move much at 12 weeks i'm almost 19 weeks now and have been feeling her for the last few days really well. Some days she's pretty quiet and I get worried but counting kicks doesn't start for a while because baby's can hide when they are that little still.

Hi ladies just thought I would come back to update. Went to the MW and thankfully heard that beautiful HB sound plus the whoosh sound of baby moving too. So that was reasurring and I've also started to feel a few flutters this week (18 weeks) even if it has been sporadic. Thank you all so very much for your reasurring words it's nice to hear that everything I'm feeling is normal. :flower: feeling happy and content in the hooe that all will be well

Lovely update, I'm glad it's all going well :)

Lovely update! I was going to say the opposite I&#8217;ve had 5 scans so far and my 9 12 and 16 weeks scans could see loads of movement but not felt anything at all I&#8217;m 18+1 today and literally started feeling the odd flutter on Tuesday and this is baby no3 for
Me

My baby barely moved at 12 weeks and I didn't really start feeling her move (where I wasn't mistaking it for gas) until about 18 weeks and this is my second. I think she is more in my back because I will go almost all day without feeling her, my back hurts a lot and I'm not showing as much as I did with my son (who loved to be front and center) and somtimes I feel very soft like... shallow feeling kicks and I think its because she's further back. Baby is still small and has a lot of room to hide away. I wouldn't fret too much <3

(EDIT: I didn't realize I had already replied to this. LMAO Pregnancy brain. GLAD TO HEAR YOURE FEELING MOVEMENT <3)

Well I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and this little peanut has def been making a song and dance in there ha. Everyday I've been feeling kicks that have been much stronger, rolls and what I can only describe as somersaults lol. I'm huge as well so I guess that's another sign baby is doing nicely. I guess what I really wanted to say for anyone reading this post is, it's perfectly natural to feel worried as our babies mean so much to us. The majority of the time things are just fine and if still in doubt don't hesitate to contact your MW to express your worries. Thank you all so much for all your kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->