Should I be worried?

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
So today (just about an hour half ago) we were at the park today with our three girls. My second child Audrey (5yr) had a fall on the playground. She fell while trying to walk across a beam that goes one end of the park to the other. When she slipped she fell right onto her vagina boxing herself really badly. She was up about 3 feet from the ground so she never let go of the bars and held on. Until my husband got to her and grabbed her off the playground. She fell pretty hard on the pole since she peed herself while my husband brought her to me.
Fast forward 20mins when we get home I run a bath for her and my youngest.
I had to put cream on her for another reason, but as I was checking her she had a small tear barely bleeding by the bottom of the vagina opening and another small scratch by the Clitorus. There was barely any blood but you can tell the small scratches were there.
Is it alright for me to let it heal on it’s own? I don’t want to rush her to the hospital for them to tell me that there’s nothing I can do.
Any of you ladies ever had the same experience if so what did you do to help?
At the moment I never put any cream on it and allowed it to air out by itself.

My daughter cut herself there when she fell off her bike - she fell, and then the bike fell and the saddle whacked her. She cried a lot but she was fine when we got home UNTIL she went for a wee and then she screamed as she did a wee as it stung so bad and I then saw there was blood in her nickers.

I too wasn't sure whether she needed to see a doctor but I considered the following:
1) Was the cut actively bleeding? - in my daughters case it wasn't
2) Was anything ripped or torn out of place? - again no
3) If she had a similar type of cut somewhere else would I go to the doctor? - probably not
4) Would a doctor do anything a mum couldn't - would the intrusive examination be worth it? - probably not

I decided that I'd monitor how she was when she next did a wee and give her clean nickers so I could see if there was any bleeding. Her nickers stayed clean and each time she went for a wee it was less and less painful. It healed fine.

I guess in your daughters case the fall sounds like it was harder, so there is bruising of her pelvis that might feel worse than the cut once it starts healing. In general I always use the rule of "Pain getting worse? see doctor. Pain getting better? You're getting better". You are the one who can see her injuries though so only you can decide.

My daughter cut herself there when she fell off her bike - she fell, and then the bike fell and the saddle whacked her. She cried a lot but she was fine when we got home UNTIL she went for a wee and then she screamed as she did a wee as it stung so bad and I then saw there was blood in her nickers.

I too wasn't sure whether she needed to see a doctor but I considered the following:
1) Was the cut actively bleeding? - in my daughters case it wasn't
2) Was anything ripped or torn out of place? - again no
3) If she had a similar type of cut somewhere else would I go to the doctor? - probably not
4) Would a doctor do anything a mum couldn't - would the intrusive examination be worth it? - probably not

I decided that I'd monitor how she was when she next did a wee and give her clean nickers so I could see if there was any bleeding. Her nickers stayed clean and each time she went for a wee it was less and less painful. It healed fine.

I guess in your daughters case the fall sounds like it was harder, so there is bruising of her pelvis that might feel worse than the cut once it starts healing. In general I always use the rule of "Pain getting worse? see doctor. Pain getting better? You're getting better". You are the one who can see her injuries though so only you can decide.

Thank you! I was thinking of the same things. I did have a chance to recheck this morning. There’s no blood on her panties or anything. Just the scratch still looks tender but is not bleeding. The small tear I seen barely has any blood. She is telling me it is tender I can see a bruise forming. I’m not overly concerned anymore. I’m glad you were able
To clarify more to me about how you handle your daughter having hurt herself.

Hey, how did it heal? My almost-5-year-old tried to mount her bike earlier, fell and smacked herself on the bar instead. She won't let me really look because it hurts but from what I can tell, there is some sort of swelling on one side of the inside and a small bruise on the outside. I suspect there is also a cut on the inside part as she is upset when going to the toilet. I remember how it felt trying to go after I gave birth to her and I only had a tiny graze but it was awful. Not sure about taking her to the doctor - just wondering what you did in the end and how she is now? Obviously my anxious mind immediately jumps to the thought that if I take her, they are going to assume I am/someone else is abusing her (which is totally impossible and definitely hasn't happened, but you read some horror stories), so I'd rather avoid that really.

I wouldn't think there would be anything to do except wait for it to heal.

Indeed. OH managed to persuade her to let him put some of his aloe vera plant on it in the end, and we also layered it with Sudocrem. Now just waiting for her to wake up to see how the first wee of the morning goes ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->