Should I cancel?

Linzalora

Reaction score
DH is on the other side of the world, so there's about a 14 hour time difference between us. I have a dating scan scheduled for Saturday morning, but my DH decided to go on a trip to a location with no internet access for that whole day. :nope:

I have to go to this scan alone, which is hard enough with all the happy little families and doting husbands that I have to sit with for probably near two hours. Add to that, I have a huge fear of hospitals. :dohh:

Last time, I was able to sit with my phone and message DH back and forth while I waited, but this time, I won't. I'm so upset.

I'll be 10w4d, so not 12w yet, so could I just cancel it and wait 'til later? I want to see my little bean, but if it's bad news... :cry: What do you ladies think?

DH is on the other side of the world, so there's about a 14 hour time difference between us. I have a dating scan scheduled for Saturday morning, but my DH decided to go on a trip to a location with no internet access for that whole day. :nope:

I have to go to this scan alone, which is hard enough with all the happy little families and doting husbands that I have to sit with for probably near two hours. Add to that, I have a huge fear of hospitals. :dohh:

Last time, I was able to sit with my phone and message DH back and forth while I waited, but this time, I won't. I'm so upset.

I'll be 10w4d, so not 12w yet, so could I just cancel it and wait 'til later? I want to see my little bean, but if it's bad news... :cry: What do you ladies think?

I think that you should go to make sure everything is alright with your little bundle of joy. This is for your baby, to make sure your baby is healthy and happy in it's little home. So I say go for it. You have a pretty high chance of having a viable pregnancy seeing as your baby has already developed a heartbeat and usually that lowers the chance of miscarriage and such. I hope everything turns out fine if you do plan to go on your own :).

I agree with Alli, make sure your baby is looked after! You'll be okay… You have us B&B ladies to support you as well. And you can tell your OH aaaallll about it when he gets to an area he can talk! Focus on your little bean. :)

I'd be so anxious if I canceled! I went to my dating scan alone. But then again this is my third baby and I wanted to make sure it was ok

My point is that surely I could go at 12w4d instead. I am fully aware that a dating scan has to happen, but isn't 12w more accurate anyway?

I think I would wait! It would be nice to have hubby there and you can see your peanut a little bigger!

I think you should wait too ! Your obviously going to be anxious on your on with zero contact so you won't enjoy the experience as much I'm sure xx

I personally would rather go alone and know all is ok than wait. Mind you as a single parent I did all my appointments alone anyway. I also had a missed miscarriage which was found at a scan when I was alone. They don't just tell you and make you leave, they give you a room and someone to talk to and time to call people if you want to. So even if it was the worst possible outcome I would still go. You and baby will be fine and you will get to see him/her for the first time. If your partner hasn't prioritised making sure you can contact him then he can wait to hear!

I'd go, but seems by your 2nd post that you want to wait, so I'd say do what feels best for you.

I agree that if it was me I'd go alone, but it seems that you'd be happier to wait. Do what makes you happy!

Thank you all for your support and counsel. I took it one step at a time... Showered, dress, and ate. Called the taxi. Got in the taxi. Checked in at the clinic, etc. and that made the whole experience far less overwhelming.

DH surprised me by finding a random McDonald's with WiFi so he could be with me for the two hour wait. :happydance:

Appointment went great! Baby is measuring right on time, heartbeat was good, the doctor says everything is looking perfect! :cloud9:

Here's the announcement that we're sharing officially on FB, with the scan from today!

Attachments

• Copy of 10w announcement.jpg
    Copy of 10w announcement.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel