Should I change from TT to avent bottles? Improve fussiness?

lovehearts

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend the avent bottles?

I'm currently in a battle with my LO to get him to feed. I am using TT CTN bottles and have tried size 1 teats,size 2 teats and yesterday variflow teats. Size 1 seems too slow and he falls asleep and get bored, size 2 he screams at and variflow it soaks us both??!!

I have seen the avent bottles have more teat choice and also I am wondering if these bottles would be better f or wind?

Also has anyone had a fussy baby that improved once you swapped the bottles?

Thank you

Xx

I would stick with the vari flow hun. It can take a few days to get used to the flow - when we put Fran on size 2 teats she dribbled more down her bib than she swallowed for about a week!

Variflow let the milk through as hard as LO sucks so if he is used to having to suck pretty hard to get anything out of the size 1's it might take him a few days to adjust his suck to get it right xx

I much prefer the Avent I thought TT were the worst bottles I've ever used and I've used Dr Brown (floppy long teat my LO gagged and the flow is quite slow), regular TT CTN, the ones with the rods down, Tommee Tippee Essentials - its like a bottle factory where I live ha ha - maybe just buy a pack of two and see how he gets on, the regular size 9oz bottles come with a size 2 slow flow teat, I find thats the best for Ava and she's 5 months xx

I don't think ty will ever understand the sucking thing, he couldn't get used to size 2 and he was on them for 10 days or so.

I tried the TT anti colic ones too - what a disaster that was :rofl:

Could a change in bottle improve his fussiness though? Or am I just dreaming here. He has never been a happy eater although he is gaining weight just fine last time I had him weighed but it's always been a battle with him.

Did Ava improve once you swapped bottles?

Xx

I've swapped to MAM bottles and my LO gets on so much better with the teats. Hardly dribbles at all.
He never had real problems with TT CTN bottles, but I chnaged as I was struggling to fit 8oz of the Staydown in them (I found 11oz MAM bottles cheap).

I don't think ty will ever understand the sucking thing, he couldn't get used to size 2 and he was on them for 10 days or so.

I tried the TT anti colic ones too - what a disaster that was :rofl:

Could a change in bottle improve his fussiness though? Or am I just dreaming here. He has never been a happy eater although he is gaining weight just fine last time I had him weighed but it's always been a battle with him.

Did Ava improve once you swapped bottles?

Xx

Yes cos Avent are very small holes and size 1 = 1 hole, 2 = 2 holes etc it makes feeding more like a breast whereas the other bottles all seem to be one single hole just widened. Ava loves the Avent ones she cant seem to get on with any others xx

I bought a couple avent bottles today as they were on sale in boots. Will let you know how I get on after iv done a few feeds with them!

Xx

I switched Tom from TT CTN bottles to Avent when he was 2 weeks old and he's still having Avent for the 1 bottle a day he has now at 17 months old.

I just found he really struggled with the teats on TT - the flow wasn't right whichever teat we tried and then the teats would collaspe in on him too. He went from taking an hour to drink 2oz to downing 4oz in about 30 mins when we switched to Avent. He went straight onto the no 2 teats and then I moved him onto size 3s at about 5 months.

Hope you find the right bottle for your LO.

good luck hun hope they work for you like they have for us :D xx

My LO wasn't getting on with TT bottles, so someone recommended NUK bottles, they have flat-ish latex teats and she loves them. Feeding time is so much better using them.

Just a warning unless you put the nipple on in a very specific way, the Avent bottles leak milk all over.

My LO was having a bit of problem with the Avent nipple for a bit. Someone suggested I try the Nuk bottles, which is flat on the bottom of the nipple. LO seems to eat a bit fast from that nipple and luckily the wide mouth one fits onto the wide mouth Avent bottles, so I just bought a couple Nuk nipples.

Of course, a few days after buying them, LO stopped having as much trouble with the Avent nipples so we're using them interchangeably.

i never had that problem with Avent been using them for months you have to pull the teat through firmly and it makes a click sound but its that way with any bottles.

Most shops only sell the latex NUK teats over in the UK and they dont fit very well on the avent bottles they leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->