Should I go for my first ultrasound at 8 weeks?

cskme_

Reaction score
I am currently 4w 5d and have super high anxiety. My doctor told me to book my ultrasound for 11 weeks but I really don't want to wait that long.
I am planning on just booking my appointment for 8 weeks, does anyone know what the chances are of hearing it at 8 weeks? I know a lot of people heard it earlier. I just don't want it to be too early and I freak out because I cant hear it.
I am just a bundle of nerves right now.

Sorry by "it" I mean the heartbeat.

You should be fine at 8 weeks. My Dr schedules earlier but I always do about 8 coz even if dates are a little off the heartbeat should be there

You would almost definatly get a heartbeat at 8 weeks, although the reason doctors normally want scans around 11 weeks is for NT measurement and dating. It has to be performed between 11-14 weeks. I would speak to your doctor and see if there's a chance of getting an early scan? Although I know most doctors are hesitant if there are no concerns with the pregnancy such as bleeding/pain or a history of losses. Can't hurt to ask though! Good luck!

8 weeks is great for hearing a heartbeat! Plus with your anxiety getting an early scan is good for you. My doctors had no problems doing a dating scan for me at 8 weeks.

I stressed my anxiety to him and all he said what "if anything bad happens, it happens, there's nothing you can do about it."
He's currently referring me to an OBGYN. Thank god, I really don't want to deal with him anymore lol.

I'm doing my first scan at 8 weeks! Far enough out where u can see everything and hear the heartbeat, but then you still get the chance to get another scan at 12 weeks :thumbup:

I stressed my anxiety to him and all he said what "if anything bad happens, it happens, there's nothing you can do about it."
He's currently referring me to an OBGYN. Thank god, I really don't want to deal with him anymore lol.

That is your doctor being extremely insensitive to your mental health needs. Well it is true that nothing can be done however anxiety is still a huge trigger for high blood pressure and many other things which is dangerous to your growing baby. A lot of times they make mistakes of attributing the high blood pressure they find at your appointments to just being at the doctors. When in fact people like yourself and I have high blood pressure almost all of the time . Doctors are not well-known for being sympathetic or even understanding of those with mental health needs. Getting an early reassurance scan can only help you.

Thanks I appreciate it ladies! I went ahead and booked the 8 week ultrasound. April 7th :) I haven't told him yet, he had already given me a referral slip with no specific date on it. When I go to my OBGYN I will explain why I had went so early, I'm sure she'll understand.

my first scan is at 6 weeks

I would love to go at 6 weeks but I'm too scared to not see a heartbeat with it being so early, and then I would be a nervous wreck.
Do you mind me asking why you're going so early (just out of curiosity, maybe I will book my appointment for earlier lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->