Should I go for reusables?

Mitsuko

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
I was very keen on using reusable nappies, mostly for environmental reasons but also for the financial aspect. I went to discuss with the daycare owner today and she told me they were ok with reusable nappies, but that we have to provide them. Seems fair BUT if you go for disposable, they do not charge you for them. The "nappy" fee is included in the daycare total fee. However, they do not deduce that fee if you're using reusable... :wacko:

I am very much a "green" person but money is kind of important too and I don't think I will use reusable AND pay the nappy fee on top! So, that means, if I still want to go for reusables, my baby will use disposable during the day and washables at night/week-ends (plus the full 4 months maternity leave).

I have several questions:

- Is it still doable?
- Can I use half disposable/half washable or when the baby gets used to one sort, it's impossible to let it have the other one?
- Is it still financially interesting, even if I don't use them full time?

Thanks in advance!

I think it'll be worth it for you! You still won't have to buy disposables! And honestly I'd probably just let them use disposables if you're already paying...but that's just me! I doubt he'll get used to one over the other...but I'm just guessing!
Good luck!

Thanks for your answer! :) I guess it's already better than always using disposable, right!

Oh definitely! This is even better! Because you won't have to buy as MANY cloth diapers!!!
Perfect situation! :happydance:
Very cool! I would be up for it!

Is the reusable fee a lot of money? Disoposables are a lot of money and most Daycares change diapers at a certain time, so your baby might be getting a new diaper when its not even wet or dirty, so there is a waste of a diaper. Why does she charge a fee anyways? My mom does daycare and never charges any extra fees. Every parent has to provide the diapers and wipes for their own child no matter if its reusable or disposable. I find it a little weird there is a fee.

Is the reusable fee a lot of money? Disoposables are a lot of money and most Daycares change diapers at a certain time, so your baby might be getting a new diaper when its not even wet or dirty, so there is a waste of a diaper. Why does she charge a fee anyways? My mom does daycare and never charges any extra fees. Every parent has to provide the diapers and wipes for their own child no matter if its reusable or disposable. I find it a little weird there is a fee.

It's not really a fee, it's included in the daycare price. So as it's not a fee,it cannot be deduced when you don't use them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->