Should I go to A&E?

keeks1987

Due baby2 in April
Reaction score
Hi

I'm not normally a huge fan of these kinda threads - I'm always the one screaming "Go GO GO", but now I understand why we ask these kinda things.

For the past couple of weeks i've had yellowy discharge which smells either kinda sweet or kinda bleachy amonia like. Now, i've not been terribly concerned because i figured perhaps it's normal?

Today i've had to change a panty liner three times since abour 8am. But, the thing is, Bug feels really low. I went to the toilet for yet another wee, and it felt like i had a bowling ball in there.

It's just really heavy and not normal. If this isn't too much info, it's like i'm constipated and i know i'm gonna poo soon, but for the front. Does any of this make sense?

My midwife is rubbish, but i just wanted to see if this was normal. :shrug:

Thanks shrug:

Yes, you should go and get checked out as having discoloured discharge can be a sign of infection. Call the hospital, ask their advice over the phone and go from there. It's what they're there for and you won't be the first person to call with the same query :thumbup:

What about making an appointment with your GP?? Can you get same day appointments? Would save waiting around for hours at A&E

It could be a long wait in a and e. If you don't feel comfortable ringing your midwife could you go to your doctors and see if anyone can see you there? A and e is always so busy and you could be waiting for so long that would be my only concern but definitely get checked out. x

I would def call your hospital or dr. That seems like an awful lot of discharge! Hope it's ok hun xx

You don't need to go to A&E, phone the labour ward and ask their advice over the phone :)

i would say the same as avalanche, ring a professional for advise, either the midwife centre or labour ward. they will tell you what to do xx

Well, i've called the community Midwife place who put me through to the labour ward. I'm to go to the labour ward for tests. She seemed to understand what i meant which is always fun

Glad you phoned someone, try not to worry too much, discharge can be strange! You're over 24 weeks too so that's always a good thing. Keep us updated. Thinking of you x

mines clear/white but smells sweet sometimes :S

I worry about this too - hope it's all nothing, keep us updated xxx

keeks - hope everything went okay, thinking of you xx

Hi All, thank you so much for your help and support.

I got back pretty late last night from the labour ward. Everything is fine with Bug. Which is a relief :)

I've a really bad UTI (Dr's words, not mine) and i've got to take anti-biotics for 7 days and go for another check next week. The Dr was wonderful and didn't make me feel like i was wasting time which is always good :)

The reason it was all stressy for me was because the discharge smelt like semen. It took me a while to discover that was the smell, but apparently that's not a good sign. They don't think my waters are leaking, however they will check next week to be sure.

They also said there was a pink spot on my cervix (began with a V - the name, i can't remember what it was called) which meant i am prone to bleed. So if i bleed not to stress unless it's really heavy. So it's brilliant i now know this.

They said to come in if i have any concerns at all and were lovely.

does it affect your lady goo then? glad your ok and its being sorted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->