• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

should I just give him what he wants?

Racheltn

Reaction score
Lately my baby has been eating alot more than normal..and i wanna give him more just to stop the cries..but lately he'll eat and then throw up a few minutes later..so now i'm scared to give him more because he's been throwing up after gorging his self..what should I do?

Have you tried winding him mid feed? Or tried winding him several times during the feed? That could be the cause of his sickness

Breastfed babies generally don't overfeed like that. I agree with the above post, make sure he's being winded properly.

how old is your baby? mine would get trapped gas also, so i would go with the PP's suggestion....also, cries can mean many things, and the desire to suck that is natural for all babies can sometimes be solved with a soother.....worked for me until my LO discovered her thumb, now she does both after she eats and gets fussy before sleeping.

I have to burp my LO several times during the feed, or he just spits it all back up when I put him down. I've found the burping him really reduces the likelihood that he spits up, or it reduces the amount he spits up afterwards.

Assuming he IS being winded well when being fed, has he been checked for reflux?

He's 5 weeks..Yes, I wind him while feeding..hes bottle fed with BM..and it's just recently he'll eat about 3 to 4 Oz..then he'll throw a fit less than 2 hrs later for another bottle..and he's thrown up maybe about 3 times..but i'm assuming thats from eating to much, that will be after eating about 6 oz.
I don't think it's his desire to suck..because he loves his pacifier but when he's hungry he spits it out and screams..So I don't know..i'll have to talk to my pediatrician to see what I can do..
https://lilypie.com/pic/2010/03/21/c0Kl.jpghttps://lb1f.lilypie.com/yh6bm4.png

Babies have a growth spurt at that age which often highlights other problems like wind, colic or reflux.

I was shocked how much winding H took. She also couldn't be laid down for quite a while after feeding at that age.

But in answer to your question, yes I would feed him, but look at his behaviour further to figure out how to help reduce the spitting up :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"