should i move?

vejables

Reaction score
hello,

i have just found out that i am pregnant for the first time. my husband and i just got married on june 16th and i am due on february 20th. we have been planning to move from new york to tennessee for about a year now, even before the wedding, and now we have found out that we are pregnant. we would both still really love to move and have already put down a deposit on our new home in tn. but now that the family is finding out we are pregnant, we are getting quite a rough time from all of them. some saying we shouldnt move because we wont have a "support system" when the baby is born, and some just hurt that they may not get to see the baby as much. but we are both just scared that if we do not move now before the baby is born, we will be "stuck" so to speak, and never move. and to me, there's nothing worse than raising my child here in new york. what do you ladies think? could is be that hard for us to raise the child in tennessee?!? my family is not even that close to me living in new york!!! the closest one is an hour away!! so i dont see that as a support system even if we do stay here! plus the fact that there are no jobs here!!

I say go where you and your husband are happy, Yes it will be hard on the family but they have to understand, they had their chance raising kids where they wanted, now you get to do it.

You also have to do whats best for your *new* Family.

Goodluck in deciding!

:hi: Glad to have some more Girls from my side of the World!

Now that you are Married, You have started your Own Family! That comes first. So if moving is what you and your Husband want to do, than Go for it! You need to do what is right for you. Once your baby arrives, the family will come to you and you will be on here asking how to get rid of them ;). Best of luck.

Congrats on your wedding. BTW:hugs:

I say MOVE!!!

Me and my OH have moved and we are no where near either family ...

Look after yourselves and your LO ... Goodluck hun and i hope you make the ight choice, but make it for the 3 of you and not baise it on what "others" tell you to do

xxx

B4 we had our first child we moved back to be near our parents for the "support". It was more hassle, and when DS was 1 year old we moved away (well nearly 400 miles to be exact), as we prefer it. I want time with my family without my mother always there. Family come down and visit, and we all go stay at grandma and grandads 2x a year.

It is very rare we need the "support" of family and tbh i only really trust my mil to look after the kids, although in an emergency my dad and stepmum are ok. She came down when i went to see consultant and for when i was induced, although i did have several friends and mums lined up in case.

You have your own family now (or will soon), and as far as i'm concerned they are now your first priority, you do whats best for them and you and nobody else. My mum reckons i'm selfish and should put her first. Bollocks to that.

Good luck in whatever you and your OH decide.

thanks so much for the replies, i'm glad you guys are so supportive, because i was thinking the same things you ladies were, i just always thought parents were supposed to know what they were talking about. lol!!! we're moving for sure now!! c'mon august 16th!!! get here already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->