should I phone the doctors again?

becci :)

Reaction score
On sunday my little girl was violently sick after every meal and bottle. I called nhs direct who got the doctor to phone me, they said not too worry unless she gets a rash or starts refusing food or drink, yesterday she wasnt sick but slept a lot and was very clingy, she didnt eat much but got some food and took her bottles fine, today she hasn't eaten much and is taking half of what she would normally have milk wise. I have just woken her for her last bottle and she took about 1oz then refused the rest and has gone back to sleep, normally she is awake for about an hour before I get her back to sleep. I am worried but should I call the doctor again? They will just say what they did the other day, apart from being a bit clingy she seems ok.

Yeah I would even just to put your mind at rest.

hope lo feels better soon:flower:

Go with your instinct, if it puts your mind at ease I would call them. Hope she's better soon xx

I agree, go with your instinct. Have you checked temperature as they are bound to ask you this. Hope all is ok. x

Sounds exactly like how my LO was last week, except she had dihorrea instead of vomiting. Dr said it was gastroenteritis and to keep her fluids up. Hope she's feeling better soon, it's horrible when they're sick.

Thanks everyone yeah her temp is normal, I will give them a ring today, she had gastro before Xmas I suppose its probably that as the symptoms were the same. Someone once told me that when your poorly and don't eat properly your stomach shrinks and you have to stretch it back to normal?

I think just as adults don't have much of an appetite when they have the tummy flu kids are the same way. Like the PP's said definitely try and keep fluids up- they have things like pedialyte to keep electrolytes and what not up. Hope Isabelle feels better soon- it's never any fun when kids are sick. I have a phobia of vomit and the stomach flu so I am dreading when my LO starts coming down with stuff like that. Really really hope that I can get past the phobia when it is my own child being sick

:hugs:

You will do, its just Instinct to know what to do, you wany to help them so you look past the eughness of it! I'm in at the doctors in half an hour so. ill let you know how we get on, I'm just planning what I am going to say because normally i just burst into tears lol

You will do, its just Instinct to know what to do, you wany to help them so you look past the eughness of it! I'm in at the doctors in half an hour so. ill let you know how we get on, I'm just planning what I am going to say because normally i just burst into tears lol

Hope all goes well. I burst into tears too with anything with regard to my DS, it's normal xx

They said she looks well hydrated and alert so its probably just a bug that will pass. i hope that's the case. thanks everyone, oh and I managed not to cry lol x

Bless her, hope she is back to her normal self v soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"