Should i really not be lifting anything?

It's BS about pregnant people not being able to lift heavy things. People can be pregnant and not know about it until they're in labour. Still manage to get on with everyday life, no problem.

to be fair, it's not BS. Heavy lifting CAN cause really serious problems like placenta abruption and if that happens, your baby will die :shrug: Its one thing not to worry the OP but its another to make it out like there's no risks involved cos there most def IS.

Yup wss. :thumbup:

I lifted in my last pregnancy and moved heavy furniture around. Later that day I bled heavily. Went to the hospital and they ran tests... I'd had a partial placental abruption. The placenta had literally started to tear away from the uterus. I was put on complete bed rest afterwards and induced early a few weeks later. Had there been a full placental abruption, both baby and I could have died.

Not scaremongering.. Just giving my own experience. You could lift and be fine.... But it's not bs, it's a real risk.

This time I'm not lifting anything, nothing is worth lifting over my baby's life. :shrug:

The basic advice as majority of women have said here is just to know your limits, its the same when your exercising and walking, Just know what you can do, dont push to hard and dont continue if you start to get a pain, if the pain persists then go to your midwife/doctor/ER anywere to get checked over.

Obviously the work collegue of the woman who got told not to lift the file was being stupid! and rightly so she told him so lol! a file can never be THAT heavy lmao!

Just dont start lifting weights at the gym!! lol!
xxxx

The basic advice as majority of women have said here is just to know your limits, its the same when your exercising and walking, Just know what you can do, dont push to hard and dont continue if you start to get a pain, if the pain persists then go to your midwife/doctor/ER anywere to get checked over.

Obviously the work collegue of the woman who got told not to lift the file was being stupid! and rightly so she told him so lol! a file can never be THAT heavy lmao!

xxxx

That's what had me in hysterics, I'm STILL doing my weights class every week without fail :rofl: obviously not for weight-lifting championships or anything, but I push a lot more than a file weighs!! :rofl: (my teacher is antenatal trained) Only issue i've found is doing squats with weights on my back really aggravates my pelvis so now i'm doing it without weights, problem solved.. we were given common sense and a brain for a reason :thumbup:

My son weighs around 13/14kg so I can't avoid heavy lifting lol but I just try not to lift other stuff if there is someone around to help me instead. I think it's impossible to completely avoid doing it. xx

xxxx

That's what had me in hysterics, I'm STILL doing my weights class every week without fail :rofl: obviously not for weight-lifting championships or anything, but I push a lot more than a file weighs!! :rofl: (my teacher is antenatal trained) Only issue i've found is doing squats with weights on my back really aggravates my pelvis so now i'm doing it without weights, problem solved.. we were given common sense and a brain for a reason :thumbup:

lmao! that is funny!!
but if you have been doing them for a long time then your body is used to it, you wouldnt start weight training at a few months preg.
its like me and my tea consumption (watch me get shouted at now) but before i was preg i would drink at least 14 odd cups a day! iv drank this much for years and my body is used to it, when i told midwife that i would cut back to just having 6-8 she was fine with it and said that my body should be ok with that and just not to start drinking 6-8 espressos to make up for the lost caffeine lol!
as long as you know your own bodys limits then its fine,
each pregnancy is different, just like each body is different and people handle things different, if you think you can manage then say so! if it turns out you were wrong then ask for help, i mean no1 will dare say told you so to a hormonal pregnant woman! xx

I was told it's because your muscles are more relaxed during pregnancy so it's easier to strain them or put something out than anything to do with hurting the baby :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->