Should I stop her doing it?

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Mia loves to be stood up already, shes very strong with her legs and if you hold her arms she will walk, very small bouncy steps mind.

She is already standing holding onto furniture, and tries to walk but ends up sort of turning instead.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs253.snc6/180160_496917373411_516963411_6321513_2713630_n.jpg

I have been told by someone she should not be doing this so early and it will make her bow legged as shes so young.
Should I stop her doing it?

I've had people tell me that too, but it's silly nonsense. If she's happy standing up then let her. My LO loved standing up from about 4 months - no sign of bendy legs there.

Finns never done the walking bit till now, he was more into moving both feet and jumping. He has stood from around a month and has built it up to longer and longer times. He loves being upright, and his legs are fine! Interested to see peoples views though, as i hadnt heard this myself.

Wow, shes so clever! Zach loves standing too but i havent tried him against a sofa yet..im tempted to try now
I was also worried about him standing as everyone kept saying i shouldnt but i asked health visitor and she said she hears that alot and its just an old wives tale..she said "if he wants to stand let him" x:flower:

It's just an old wives tale. If she's happy to do it let her :flower:

I wouldnt :lol: But then i like to keep my baby a baby :lol: I pushed her over (gently!!) when she first sat up...
"Lie back down FGS your a baby" :haha:

No im joking. If shes happy to do it let her.. Its not as if shes stood there all day doing it :)

I love all her hair by the way...

LO started around that time and she doesn't have bow legs :)

I'm always amazed when I see pics of your LO on fb and can't believe she's only 2 weeks older than my LO lol.

You're amazed? Why? :lol:
This child is crazy. I swear she's 7 months going on 17 years! :rofl:

Just because she is a lot more advanced than my LO so I'm not used to a 7 month old standing up and stuff lol.

I wish she wouldn't do all of that yet. I'm jealous of those who have babies who sit still for even 3 seconds :lol:

FayDanielle, if Mia is anything like my LO, I'd get a playpen ready soon to protect your things :rofl:

I wouldnt :lol: But then i like to keep my baby a baby :lol: I pushed her over (gently!!) when she first sat up...
"Lie back down FGS your a baby" :haha:

No im joking. If shes happy to do it let her.. Its not as if shes stood there all day doing it :)

I love all her hair by the way...

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back