should i take baby aspirin??

irmastar

proud mom & a bit preggo
Reaction score
hi, well i am worrying alot about having a mc and idk why, i had 1 before conceiving my son who is 6 yrs old and another the first month i ttc this baby. counting from the mc this is my 8th cycle and i'm finally pregnant. i have read how some women that have miscarried take a baby aspirin daily to help not to mc. and my question is, should i try it? how is it the baby aspirin helps? thanks

I thought aspirin thinned your blood? I don't think that unless you had mc's because of blood clots, it would help you.
I had 5 mc's before my daughter, and one since, but my doctor never mentioned anything like that? xx

I am on baby aspirin but only after talking to my dr about it. I wouldnt take it during pregnancy without their advice. I am on it as my placenta was small with Megan. She had possible iugr at the end as I was having bp issues. Between that and my 2 miscarriages they thought I should see if it could help.

Baby aspirin can help with clottting issues and can help with blood flow. They have not proven that it helps as far as what I've heard. Both of my miscarriages happened while taking the aspirin.

Unless you have been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome or another blood clotting disorder, low dose aspirin is not necessary. If you have been diagnosed with the above, low dose aspirin on its own is usually not enough, you need injections of heparin too.

I would avoid self medicating and speak to your doctor instead.

I certainly wouldnt just take it off your own back. speak to your doc.

Ive started on Aspirin and Clexane today because my first son was stillborn at 36 weeks with no reason and my rainbow had to be delivered at 34 weeks due to him stopping growing at 32 weeks. They dont know why those things happened with my boys but hope that the Aspirin and Clexane help me get this baby to full term.

Even then, it was requested by my consultant... not my GP.

xxx

Thanks girls I will talk to my doctor about it. Jox i'm sorry about your first baby, I hope this time your baby can be born full term and healthy.

Thanks girls I will talk to my doctor about it. Jox i'm sorry about your first baby, I hope this time your baby can be born full term and healthy.

thank u x

Congrats on ur pregnancy, heres to a happy & healthy 8 months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back