• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should i tell my mum?

EmmySocks

Reaction score
Thinking we're going to be ntnp/ ttc in the next 6 months. I've had my implant out in preparation for this.

Not 100% sure how supportive my mum will be of this. This is the same mum i posted about in the "is anyone dreading reactions of certain family members?" thread. I kind of want to tell her now so she's not too shocked when we tell her i'm pregnant. Is this a bad idea?

Has anyone else pre-warned their parents? Did it make them easier or harder to deal with?

I'm seeing her tomorrow - you can see it on my arm, its hot here -I would have to deliberately hide it from her if i dont want to tell her. Thoughts?

I've pre warned mum not dad. My mum was shocked but four months later she is sharing my excitement! I'd say go for it :)

I wouldn't tbh. Save yourself any drama! And as for having it removed you could just tell her you were getting constant periods/non at all or something if you decide not to tell her.

I have told my mum, but more so I could get some family history from her without having to make up elaborate lies or 'accidentally' steer the conversation. We have not told my in laws, mostly because it isn't really any of their business, it would almost be like saying to them "We are totally having lots of sex right now".....awkward! LOL

Plus, they're the type of people who will be negative and we don't need that. Once the baby is actually on its way, we'll tell them and just hope they're as excited as we are. Only 5 months till we TTC and I am getting more and more excited all the time.

Good luck with your mum no matter what you decide to tell or not tell her :)

I couldn't imagine telling my parents, it just seems like unnecessary drama. I suppose you need to ask yourself whether or not you feel you need their blessing or not?

Thank you everyone, i see her every saturday and it happened that this week i've got a massive plaster on my arm - she wasn't going to miss that. So i just explained i'd had it taken out- it was due out anyway. i let her ask any questions she wanted. I guess that's quite good. I did explain that we weren't trying yet and she shouldn't get too excited (!)

She was not too bad about it really. didn't say much either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"