Should I use OPKs at this point?

KatieBump

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I apologize in advance for my long post ahead!! My cycles are irregular. This is my first month being off of birth control. I have zero idea whether I have Od or not. Been trying to track my BBT for just the past week, but my sleep patterns are extremely random and I had thermometer issues early on. So I'm worried that it is not perfect. Temps have all been in the 97.7-97.9 range. Hard to say whether that is pre-ovulation temps or if I'm into my luteal phase. I am 27 days into my cycle and I am worried that I will be one of those women who has 100 days cycles. I ordered some really inexpensive OPK's online and I can start testing but I just don't know what to do. Also been tracking my CM and only had EWCM one day on CD 16, and not much ( I had to really reach to find it).
Once again I'm really sorry for this long rant, I am just a worried woman and would love someone to help give me their opinion!

Since it was your first month off birth control, I wouldn't worry to much lovie xx It takes a while for your hormones to readjust. As for the long cycles, they could possibly be fixed after coming off Bc. I've heard quite a few ladies say this. However? If they don't, I would suggest looking into Vitex. Do someone research and see what you think xx I wasn't ovulating for quite a while, so I was having cycles that could be anywhere from 20 days to 70 and anywhere in between. Vitex saved my life and helped me conceive my son. I do suggest doing extensive research first, maybe even speaking to a naturopath as they can give you the best advice xx
As I said above, give your body time to adjust to no longer being on bc. Once AF arrives, take your temp every morning and do your OPKS. Since you bought the cheapies off the web and you don't know when you ovulate, I would suggest doing it from as soon as AF finished. Once it starts to get darker, try testing in the morning (second mornin urine is always best) and in the afternoon xx
Best of luck and sending you lots of baby dust xx

Thank you SO much for your reply! Quick question! If I use an OPK one day that comes back negative, does that definitely mean I won't be ovulating for a day or two? Just wondering if I can put a rest to some of the BDing for a couple of days while it's showing up as negative! :happydance:

Thank you SO much for your reply! Quick question! If I use an OPK one day that comes back negative, does that definitely mean I won't be ovulating for a day or two? Just wondering if I can put a rest to some of the BDing for a couple of days while it's showing up as negative! :happydance:

Generally, yes. However, a negative can change to a positive in only a few hours, so if it's super negative, then you should be fine. When it starts to be close its best to BD xx Just go with the flow love. Until you get that positive OPK, timing of BD doesn't really matter (as long as it's as much as you can in the fertile period). Just have fun with it xx

Thanks again! Found out I am pregnant today so pretty excited! Can't believe it happened so fast!!!

Hello! Like the other posters said, give your body time to adjust. In the mean time keep on temping and try to have sex 3 times a week to hit your fertile window if you do ovulate. When I got my OPKs in the mail I waited until after I had a bleed to start using them. After coming off BCP give your body 12 weeks to regulate, if you don't see your period then go to the doctor.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the same boat as you with not knowing when to use OPKS :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->