Should i worry

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
When i changed his nappy today it wasnt dirty just wet but i noticed a small like orange/red little mark where it was wet.. blood was the first thing that came to my mind but there was nothing on him and if it was blood i couldnt see anything obvious where it had come from, But i just changed him again and it was wet again and the mark was there again only more red this time..
Is this blood? Has anyone else had anything like this?
Im really worried because in my pregnancy he had problems with his kidneys on the scans but was scanned after birth and they said they are now fine.. but keep an eye on his urine and how often he goes ect.

id ask/see your gp or health visitor to be on the safe side.

My midwife is coming again in the morning so i will definitely ask. Im just wondering if i should ring somebody now just to be sure.. Im wondering if he could have an infection or something because of his kidneys.

best to err on the side of caution and get it checked out. if it turns out to be nothing at least it will put your mind at ease

I would defo ring someone just to be on the safe side x

If your midwife is coming in first thing in the morning then definitely ask her,and if she dismisses you still call a doctor just to be safe.

:hugs:

:hugs: i agree, i'm sure its nothing sweetie, maddi had a little 'period' when she was born, but always pays to get it checked out, thinking of you :hugs:

i had this with zane when he was afew days old i looked everywhere for where he might of bled from but i didnt find anything n it hasnt happened since just put abit of sudacrem on him n he should be fine :)

ah did he have a dilated renal pelvis? Just because Alasdair had that (sorted itself out now thankfully) and when he was a similar age to your LO he had that in his nappy. It looked like orange crystals to me. They also discovered he was very dehydrated but I think that was more because of his jaundice than anything. Ask your midwife, but don't worry too much xx

ah did he have a dilated renal pelvis? Just because Alasdair had that (sorted itself out now thankfully) and when he was a similar age to your LO he had that in his nappy. It looked like orange crystals to me. They also discovered he was very dehydrated but I think that was more because of his jaundice than anything. Ask your midwife, but don't worry too much xx

Yep exactly what he had! I rang doctor anyway and they said this is normal for boys apparently so not to worry! Im still going to ask midwife later today though! Thanks girls x

Yup my baby had the orange/red crystals also due to dehyrdration because she wasn't getting enough milk in the first days of nursing. I am not sure about the other thing, but I do know the crystals were gone in less than 24 hours once we supplimented her.

Where abouts on nappy was it? If it was at top could be from cord? If not I have heard it can be normal for babys to have a little blood in nappy, something to do with hormones adjusting but obviously follow your instincts and get it checked x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->