Should radiators be too hot to touch???

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
We moved into this house in June, and the radiators dont seem to be warm enough. Infact, some are barely warm at all. Apart from one, which is a new radiator, the rest i can touch, and hold, and not feel burnt at all, (iukwim).

Ive tried to bleed them, and water comes out of them all, no air, so its not that.

Ive always thought radiators should be too hot to touch...is this the case in your house?

Should i get onto my landlord....

have u tried turnin up the thermostat on ur boiler??

This is normally the problem my boiler has.

HTH.

V x x x

have u tried turnin up the thermostat on ur boiler??

This is normally the problem my boiler has.

HTH.

V x x x

yeah its up as high as it can be.

On most of the radiators the top parts are warm and the bottom are barely warm...odd :dohh:

If everythings turned up high then they should def be too hot to touch

We had a problem when we first had them installed, with the one in my room anyway it was just barely warm, whereas the others where boiling to touch. We called the men back in and the pipes hadn't been fitted correctly or something.

Is it all the radiators in your house or just a certain few? If everythings turned up to as hot as it can, they should definately be too hot too touch.

Thats really odd, i would call your landlord and ask him to get sum1 out.

Tempretures are gettin lower every nite n u shud be toasty warm.

Sounds like there me be air in your pipes rather that radiators.

HTH.

V x x x

thanks everyone...i hate to make a fuss, but what with the price of gas at the moment, i dont like the heating on too long, but it hardly makes a difference, and we are freezing!

Will ring landlord on monday

We have storage heaters, highly inefficient and right next to the extremely draughty old windows, so most of the heat goes out of them. They're only in two rooms aswell, living room and my mum's room, so we're frickin' freezing most of the time!!

OH and I bought an oil free heater, which warms the room up a lot faster and doesn't cost too much. Just an idea to save some money. Investment £30 each... It saved us oil when we were living in 'the bungalow' anyway. :)

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

xx

landlord has been out tonight and theyre getting someone to come and look at it 2moro x

thats good hun, try and get him to put in new radiatiors for you hun, mine are the same hun, but we own the house, so we have to buy new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->