Should we try IUI? - What would you do if it was you?, complicated history.

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
We were TTC for a little over 6 years so did IVF back in 2013 because we were told my husbands sperm was so poor there was no chance of natural pregnancy even IVF would be tricky. I had had 2 early miscarriages years prior.

We got a positive but due to preterm labour we lost our little boy. I've since had a string of early miscarriages, my rainbow BFP, he was also born preterm but survived and is now a health 5 year old, more miscarriages, an ectopic and a surprise twin pregnancy again preterm labour and both boys died. Since the twins died I've had 2 more miscarriages at 11 weeks and 9 weeks, the latter was induced in the hospital.

So obviously I have been able to get pregnant but now I'm not having much luck getting pregnant again (Its been almost 8 months since the last MC). My husband doesn't want to go through IVF again, he says its too hard physically, emotionally and financially but is open to IUI.

So what would you do?, I'm 30 (31 in April) so I'm not old but time is definitely not on my side.

Hi! I’m so sorry for all of your losses. That is very heartbreaking. Do you know why you’ve lost so many babies? If your husbands sperm is poor maybe the babies just haven’t been healthy enough genetically and that’s why you miscarried? The IUI doesn’t select sperm does it? If it were me, I probably wouldn’t do it, and just keep trying naturally for a few more years.

I am sorry you are going through this. I agree with Reiko_ctu, you need to know the reasons of your mcs before you will decide on your route. If your hubby's sperm is the issue, then you will probably have negative results, as well. IUI gets lower success rates than IVF.

I agree with what other people have said about testing to find out true cause of the miscarriages. When you did IVF before did they do genetic testing on the embryos? I also think in the fertility world 8 years is a long time. Maybe you will be able to find out more now if you do repeat testing on both you and your partner.

We were TTC for a little over 6 years so did IVF back in 2013 because we were told my husbands sperm was so poor there was no chance of natural pregnancy even IVF would be tricky. I had had 2 early miscarriages years prior.

We got a positive but due to preterm labour we lost our little boy. I've since had a string of early miscarriages, my rainbow BFP, he was also born preterm but survived and is now a health 5 year old, more miscarriages, an ectopic and a surprise twin pregnancy again preterm labour and both boys died. Since the twins died I've had 2 more miscarriages at 11 weeks and 9 weeks, the latter was induced in the hospital.

So obviously I have been able to get pregnant but now I'm not having much luck getting pregnant again (Its been almost 8 months since the last MC). My husband doesn't want to go through IVF again, he says its too hard physically, emotionally and financially but is open to IUI.

So what would you do?, I'm 30 (31 in April) so I'm not old but time is definitely not on my side.
I was trc for 9 years without getting pregnant. Turns out my husbanda sperm sucks.

If you haven't recently, get him tested again. If the results are still poor, IUI won't be able to help you. The sperm for IUI is washed, so only the good stuff gets put inside you, but if there isblt enough good stuff, it won't matter.

My husband and I ended up going with a sperm donor from a sperm Bank, we got pregnant on the second try with IUI and Femara.

I agree about testing to find out the cause. I hope that you get some answers soon and some help! :) ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->