Should we wait? Mild dysplasia

A

allstars8

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and although we are not trying yet, we are considering it, and i thought there may be someone out there with/or who has had a similar situation to me in the past. In April i had my first ever pap that came back as abnormal. I had no insurance at the time, and went to a clinic who did a colposcopy. They called me when the results were in and told me that it was mild dysplasia, which can clear up on it's own, and would either go away, or remain, but until it progressed to at least moderate they could not do any sort of procedure, and to come back in a year. My husband and i have decided we want to start trying, and now have insurance. I was assuming that if they told me to come back in a year, they must have felt confident enough that it could not get much worse in that time, but i know most OBGYN's retest every 3-6 months after abnormal paps. Do you think we should hold off trying and i should get another pap done? I know and have read online that it is fine to try while having abnormal cells, especially if it is mild for a while, but if it is i don't want to wait forever. I just don't want to start trying and then have any issues. Thoughts? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->