• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Should we wait?!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Hey, just looking for a little advice. My husband and I have been together for 8 year am married almost one year and got a beautiful baby girl born Halloween last year. W would really like to have another one soon but kind of in a predicament. We live in a one bedroom flat, stupidly have arrears, and live in a horrible area. We would love to move districts but other council won't help us due to the arrears. We obviously can't have another baby and live in this place so may have to private rent. I'm a 'live for the moment ' kind of person so would have another baby right now, you never know what's going to happen! But is that selfish? Honest opinions please, I won't be offended :) xxx

Is there much chance of you private renting in the next year? I personally would wait until I were a bit more stable, we lived in a 1 bed when we had DS, took us 18 months to get private somewhere else, still not in the area we wanted that took us another year, then we had DD once we were wherewe wanted to be.

I would wait as your baby is still so young, you have plenty of time to sort out the living situation and still have a smallish gap. Sounds like it's quite important you move, maybe reassess when baby is 1? I don't think it's selfish but I think you could strike up more of a compromise as time is on your side :)

Yeah, that's true. It's just we have been waiting on the council list for almost 7 years and got told it could be another 10 years before we get a place. I would never have a baby to get a bigger house, but I can't wait another 10 years for number 2. Not sure we could afford private rent in the area we want - a two bedroom is about £700pcm :-( I also worry that I managed to get pregnant really quick with Isabella but wonder if it will be that easy next time. No one knows. I'm not physically ready to try having another baby until she's at least one, as I had a fourth degree tear and recently had my gallbladder out after it got infected. Argh! Lol. It's tough! I have a while to ponder it I suppose. Thanks again ladies xxx

I wouldn't say it was selfish but I don't think it's a brilliant set up for a family of 4. Sorry if this sounds a bit rude but if you can't afford a 2 bed place right now can you afford 2 children? I'm not asking that to be judgmental but it's sort of the situation I'm in. We rent privately and have just moved into a 3 bed house which is fab because we now have room for when we want another baby BUT - bigger house = bigger bills. Until we both start earning a little more it just wouldn't be right for us to extend our family.

Also - your LO is still very young. Once she's a bit older if you decided to go back to work etc you might find that you have more money than you think and could afford to rent privately anyway! This baby making lark is a total juggling act but it'll all come together

It's not rude at all. It's what I need to hear! Lol. I guess I know it's not the time, just not nice to accept it. I grew up with close in age brother and sister. I also have a sister who is 8 years younger who has grown up like an only child. I'm just scared that I won't be in a better situation any time soon and il only have the chance to have Isabella - not that I would be unhappy with that as she's my gorgeous baby princess. I earn good money as a private nurse, but obvi maternity pay is rubbish compared to my wages . I worry that we could go private whilst in work but as soon as I go on maternity leave again, we would be in trouble. I can afford private in some areas, just not the city of stirling where I want to be. It's almost the same price as Edinburgh and Glasgow xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"