Should you wait or TTC Find out here!

MsCrow - give some advice to Tigerlily
Mel85 - give some advice to MsCrow

Them's the rules ladies :) xx

Living arrangements - mortaged 2 bedroomed apartment

Age 26

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married for 2 years, together for 8

Reason(s) for waiting? we have 1 daughter already, 15months so dont think we have space for 2nd baby but i dont want too big an age gap and i dont think we can move just yet due to negative equity :(

Living arrangements- own home on a mortgage, quite a chunk of income though

Age- me nearly 26, hubby nearly 28, married 4 years, together for 6

Reasons for waiting- personally im not waiting, hubby concerned about long term finances and being able to afford childcare.

do it :) you will find a way, cut back on things and find out if family can look after little one when you decide to go back to work, or, look into working in the evenings/weekends. You will probably always have that doubt there about being able to afford it.

Aha, apologies, I hadn't realised, saw all the good advice and felt a bit presumptuous about offering my inexperience. Mel, we're in a similar situation though it's me worrying about money. If you're in a stable and loving relationship and mostly have everything in place, I hope you husband will see it's not worth hesitating. Unless you think you'd be out on your ear financially by having a baby helabela is right, you would find a way...just check husband doesn't have any other worries?

Mscrow- if ur hubby could afford to support a baby I say go for it. U can always return to study later on or do study at home? It would be awful to wait too long and then regret!! Good luck x

Living arrangements: rental house

Length of relationship: married 7 yrs

Reasons for waiting: Not ready to give up my freedom yet! And I am a little freaked out about pregnancy since I have some medical problems...nothing serious, it would just be more uncomfortable for me than usual, and probably longer recovery time. Also worried about being able to take care of a baby/young kid, since I have my own physical challenges! Sadly, some days, I really just need to lie down all day. :( I suppose I would figure it out, though.

Reasons for ttc: Afraid I'll regret it if I don't, and it is really important to OH (and the clock's ticking!). And I love hanging out with my nieces (when they are quiet and well behaved, lol!)...but also like giving them back and having quiet adult time! I keep flipping...one day I want to ttc (in the future, never NOW), and the next I am totally against it (usually when I am out having fun in the evening, or when I see a screaming kid!)! I am not a baby person, but I love older kids/teens. They are a blast.

Anyone else totally torn, and unable to make the leap to ttc, or am I just being moronic and indecisive? =P

Sorry, one day I'll learn to read!

Tigerlilly, that's a toughie. Being completely honest, your list the reasons for ttc are related to other people or physical factors, they are less about your personal desires. Maybe you need to give yourself some more time? Make a list of things you want to achieve that deffo don't involve a baby, are they things you give priority to? We want to travel, were going to, and have done, but somehow it receded in importance against having a child. We figure, we'll take a child to india when it's 6 years old ;-) The medical issues are important enough for you to have a detailed discussion with a practitioner, you need to either find out if they are surmountable or maybe reasons to back up not ttc right now?

Course, reading all this you might think, she's got it wrong!

I am 29 years old, my boyfriend is 42. We have been together for about eight months and only living together for a few months but I definitely think he is it for me. I am seriously considering asking him to TTC but I'm not sure how he would react. I know he wants kids and he's no young pup anymore, and I'm not getting any younger either. We are renting a house currently and are both working full time so I think it would be doable financially, but we are both going to be looking for new jobs soon. What do you think? Is is too soon to talk about TTC?

Living arrangements - own home, moving to a bigger house in a couple of months (fingers crossed!!!)

Age 31 in a couple of weeks (where's the time go?)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married! Together for 7 years

Reason(s) for waiting? pay off debt once we move, also daughter (16 months old) is a bit of a handful and we're worried we won't cope with another yet!! :rofl:

I think everyone who feels ready, and is in a stable position should try (altho maybe I should try my own advice??!!!) Good luck to everyone when they DO start trying :thumbup:

I am 29 years old, my boyfriend is 42. We have been together for about eight months and only living together for a few months but I definitely think he is it for me. I am seriously considering asking him to TTC but I'm not sure how he would react. I know he wants kids and he's no young pup anymore, and I'm not getting any younger either. We are renting a house currently and are both working full time so I think it would be doable financially, but we are both going to be looking for new jobs soon. What do you think? Is is too soon to talk about TTC?

Sorry forgot to offer advice, although i'm not sure if I can help in anyway? My husband and I got together very quickly, moved in after 1 month (he was my first boyfriend) and have been together ever since, so it's not always a bad thing to make a decision when you haven't been together for years! Maybe sit him down one evening, with a bottle of wine if it helps you feel more able to express how much you want to TTC. The only thing I will say, is if you are looking for a new job remember some companies don't offer the same maternity benefits if you have been with the company under 1 year - best to check it out! Good luck :thumbup:

Living arrangements: Just bought our first home a few months ago!

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married, will be 3 years in October

Reason(s) for waiting? Well, we said we would wait until we have a certain amount of $ saved up before we started trying. But all of our debts are paid off, we both have pretty great jobs, just bought a house, umm... Not a WHOLE LOT holding us back, but DH is a stickler for the rules! And we did agree, so... Oh well, not long now! :happydance:

I think princess1980 should go for it! Sounds like you and DH have got your stuff together! Though, I can understand wanting to be debt free before adding any more to your plate. I think 2-3 years apart is a perfect age difference between siblings! But hey, that's just me (and I don't have any kids yet, so actually what do i know!) :winkwink: Good luck when you do decide to TTC!

living arrangement: one bedroom apartment

marital status: married

reason for waiting: I won't be done school until April 2011, and I worry how pregnancy would effect my last year, especially as I would have to go off a medication that helps me function. I desperately want a baby, my husband and I are ready emotionally... but I just don't know how it would work with finishing school. I go to a highly competitive university and as it is, it already takes all I've got to get A's. How could I manage if I was pregnant?

I'm seriously considering taking a year off school in order to get pregnant and give birth without stress. But it also seems not-bright to do that, considering how close I am to the finish line.

I forgot to give advice and now I'm a little confused about who to give advice to so I'm going with hwimmer! lol. I definitely think you should go for it. Unless you're much more disciplined than I am, saving up 'just that right amount' can take forever because there are always millions of little things that need to be purchased here and there and it sounds like you're in a very good position already. Go for it!

Living arrangements: Rented 3 bedroom house, just OH and I.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? We've been together 4 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? Saving money mostly. I want to have an emergency fund set up before we ttc.

sezen, I think you should wait until you're out of school. But not much longer!

Living arrangements: renting to own a 2 story 3 bedroom 2 bath home

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married for 2 and a half years

Reason(s) for waiting? we have 3 kids, one is only 1 year old, still trying to get OH on board, and i need to save up some money for when i will have to be on leave for 6 weeks.

raincloud, i think you should get your emergency fund before you ttc if you want to, but no big deal. if you wait on money for a baby you will never have one, you will never think you have enough...that's what my hubby says, lol. besides even after you get pregnant, you still have 9 months to save :)

Living arrangements: Renting a 2 bed house, but hopefully moving to a 3 bed in August.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for almost 2 years

Reason(s) for waiting? Want to be in at least a 3 bedroom house first, and we have an 11 month age gap between our sons so would like a bigger gap next time.

Kates1122, My son was only 3 months when i fell pregnant again, work on your hubby and get to it :p! x

Living arrangements: Mortgaged 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, with full basement that is being used as a playroom on 2.5 acres. (Mortgage is very affordable and can be paid for on Hubby's salary alone.)

Married? Or length of relationship, single? Married for almost 3 years, together for 5 (According to hubby he has known I was going to be his wife for close to 12 years.)

Reason(s) for waiting? Waiting for me to get a teaching contract after finishing my degree in April. Should know something by August!

Reason(s) for wanting to TTC? Afraid that due to my medical history time may be running out and we might miss out on the opportunity if we delay much longer, because we have always come up with new and exciting reasons to delay for the past 3 years and my uterus isn't getting any happier.

Proudmummy, if you are in a 3 bedroom house in August I say go for it then, but wait for now.

I love these things! :haha:
Living arrangements: We stay at my mums on the weekdays and his at the weekends mostly but are planning on renting once I finish college in June next year :thumbup:
Married, length of relationship, single?: Engaged and have been together a bit longer than 2 and a half years :)
Reasons for waiting?: Age, Financial stability, College, Living situation, want to be married first etc :dohh:
Reasons for wanting to TTC?: We feel emotionally ready for a baby and we both would love a child together. We both have had practice with children as combined we have nine nieces and nephews under the age of 10 :haha: Also I am training to work with children which gets me even more broody and impatient! :haha:
Advice for Cassie0454: It's good that your waiting until you get a contract so you have stability but I woudn't find another reason to wait after that if you think your medical history might interfere with conceiving! :)

Living arrangements: Private renting a 2 bedroom house.

Married? Or length of relationship, single? married! Together for 2 years in August.

Reason(s) for waiting? Waiting for OH to get a promotion. We cope well for money, but he want to be more than comfortable.

Reason(s) for wanting to TTC? I want to have the next one soon so I can get the baby stage all out the way, rather than wait 5 years, send LO to school & do it over again. Also there's no point getting a job now as I would have to leave in a few years, wherea I could be a SAHM for a few years, then get a job when they both go school.

Kiki1993, the only thing I would ay about waiting would be your living situation. We were living with OH's mum when I became pregnant and didn't move out until LO was 6 months, it would of been alot easier if we were on our own from the begining. But, saying that it was nice to have help in the early days!

Living arrangements: One bedroom apartment, purchasing a house next May if all goes as planned.

Married? Or length of relationship, single?:
Pretty much engaged, been together for over 3 years.

Reason(s) for waiting? OH and I both want to be in our house where we have room for a baby. OH also wants to have a lot of his debt taken care of first (will start working on that in August when he gets his raise).

Advice for rainbows_x: Is OH's promotion going to happen soon? Would it be a problem having LO and the new baby in the same room? I think if OH's promotion will be happening soon and if you have no problem having LO and the new baby in the same room then go for it.

Living Arrangements: Renting a 2 bed housing ; looking for a 3 bed at min.

Married? Length of relationship?: Married for 6 weeks! Together 8 years.

Reasons for waiting: We said we would not ttc until DS was at least one (he is nearly 11 months) as we wanted 2 year ish gap. I want to try August/ Sept but my mum on the other hand seems to think 3 year age gap is best and that it would be unfair to have a baby when DS is still a baby!

Advise for I Love Lucy: I think it depends how broody you are! If you can wait until you get your house then that would obviously be ideal because baby stuff just takes over your house!! Perhaps if you get too broody you could NTNP After XMAS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"