Shoulder Dystocia

Emerald

Mummy To My Boys
Reaction score
Hello
I have a consultant appointment next week as my last
baby was born with shoulder dystocia, but im just
wondering if anyone else has previously had this
and if they were offered a csection or induced early?
Thanks x

My sil had shoulder dystocia with her second. He was a big baby - 11lb 11oz. When she was pregnant with her third they did regular growth scans. Baby was looking big again - they were predicted he would be bigger than the last so they induced her around 38/39 weeks. Induction failed and she had a c section. Turned out baby was nowhere near as big as last time - 9lb 8oz.

Good luck. It must have been a very scary experience last time. I hope the consultant appointment goes well.

Thanks very much!
Definetley a scary experience xx

My DD had mild shoulder dystocia, it was mentioned at my consultant appointment and I asked whether it would have an impact on delivery plan but was told it wouldn't, although the delivering MW will monitor LO's position during labour/delivery. But it might well be different if it was worse.

My cousin had this with her first baby. She was told she would be allowed a csection with future babies and wouldnt have to go through that ordeal again (ambulance ride from one hospital to another with a baby stuck between her legs!)
So she went ahead with a planned section with her 2nd baby. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"