Shouldn't have looked...

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I'm just wondering whether you ladies could give me a little bit of advice... I remember how helpful you all were when I was TTC with DD!

Basically, AF is 2 days late. Last night I had one tiny spot of pink on toilet paper (barely noticeable but I was looking for it) so thought she must be on her way. But this morning there was nothing. There has still been nothing all day and no signs at all of AF on her way. I took a sainsburys test this morning which was BFN, but only looked at it for about 3 minutes because I had to leave. Stupidly, I couldn't help but have another quick peek when I got home tonight. Surprise surprise, it had a line... which I know is probably just an evap, but I'm doubting myself because the line has some blue at the top. Do evaps have colour??

I guess I'm just trying to get a little bit of advice really. I know I can't do much other than keep testing or waiting for AF, but I'm driving myself mad in the meantime! :dohh:

Thank you!! :flower:

Attachments

• DSC_0724 (1).jpg
    DSC_0724 (1).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 46
Hi! I'm hoping your situation is different, but both of my evaps were bright blue and clear as day! When I researched it, one of the best ways to tell an evap on a blue dye test is that it is very skinny and off-center. Baby dust to you, I hope your outcome is different from mine (Two bright evaps in a row - I thought I had it!)

I dont know an answer for you but wanted to say fx!

I did a similar silly...bought some frer earlier and couldn't resist taking one despite the fact it was 7pm and I'd only peed an hour before!! Obviously it came out negative and now I can't stop thinking about it!!! Gotta wait til tomo now, which I shouldve done anyway considering I'm only 9dpo!

IMO a line is a line, but I'd test with tomorrow mornings wee :)

I don't agree that a line is a line because I've had evaps myself! Best to assume it's an evap and test again, hopefully it's a positive!! Xx

IMO a line is a line, but I'd test with tomorrow mornings wee :)

not always.

in fact with blue dye tests they are known to give false positives.

if it is a very light line with a bit of colour then yes, a line is a line. but the one in your pic, OP, it looks like a nasty evap to me, especially since you looked back at it so far later.

take a pink dye test hun tomorrow with FMU, you can get them 2 for £1 in asda :)

good luck

xx

Test again tomorrow but if i were you i d be getting excited! Stalking

Thank you all so much for your replies :flower:

As suspected it sounds like it could well still be an evap. Thanks to having been pee-happy in the past :dohh: I have no tests left... So I will have to buy some tomorrow and use Saturdays FMU if AF still hasn't arrived. I'll come back and let you know how I get on...

If anyone else has any further advice in the meantime though then that would still be great! Thanks again ladies =)

I dont know an answer for you but wanted to say fx!

I did a similar silly...bought some frer earlier and couldn't resist taking one despite the fact it was 7pm and I'd only peed an hour before!! Obviously it came out negative and now I can't stop thinking about it!!! Gotta wait til tomo now, which I shouldve done anyway considering I'm only 9dpo!

I did the exact same thing with my DD! Tested at 8dpo at 4pm!! Hardly surprising it was a negative, but I got my BFP 2 days later =) Fingers crossed for you :flow:

Thanks bump on brain - fingers crossed it's good news on Saturday for you! Xx

Just popping in to do a quick update! Did FMU test with Tesco cheapie as that was all I could get hold of. It was BFN.

I still have no sign at all of AF so checked my cervix to try and see whats going on... And it's high, soft and feels open!! And I had some EWCM? So I'm starting to wonder if I'm only ovulating now...I've bought 4 first response this morning so if I still have nothing in a week I guess I'll be testing again! Not a clue what my body is doing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->