Shouting I love you at 8am off to school - Is this antisocial?

MoonLove

Reaction score
I have stupidly noisy neighbours. They're a middle aged couple and there's horrible tension between us. We've never actively had a dispute or anything, but we don't speak and purposely avoid each other, don't say hello in passing etc.

Anyway, long story short they make ridiculous noise ALL THE TIME. We joke that it's their 'party night' as a night each week, they clearly get drunk and start yelling and howling and making as much noise as possible. The man drives a motorbike and goes to work at 6am some days, home some days at 11pm and it's the loudest thing ever. They slam their door at all hours extremely loudly and they argue and swear at the top of their voices.

This morning I was doing the usual waving out of the front door to my husband and son drive to school, we shout Love you! and Bye! as they leave the drive. I heard a noise and then the man from next door shouted SHUT UP from his bedroom and slammed his window shut.

Basically I just want to know if you think this is unacceptable on my part. I shout Love you and I shout Bye as they leave, it is 8am in the morning. It made me sad that we were shouting love you and this cretin shouted Shut up to us. I can't stand the pair of them enough as it is but it's really made me feel sad this morning.

As I said, some days he's off to work at 6am on his motorbike but this morning he was obviously at home and it bothered him that we were shouting.

Please let me know what you think of this situation. I am a little fearful that they will address me about this, and I want to be able to stand up for myself and say I am just saying goodbye in the morning. What do you think about it? Are they justified in wanting me to shut up? Urgh :wacko:

I'd shout it louder the next morning. Cheeky boy!!!!

An I don't know how you put up with that from their side :shock: I don't mind the odd unusual noisy neighbour but constantly, no and I wouldn't expect it vice versa!

Yep, shout louder. What a lovely tradition you have going on there with your family. Don't worry about it x

I'm at my witts end with my neighbours. We have always been nice and approachable but next doors 'new boyfriend' is horrible and ruined the relationship us and our children all have.

8am is hardly early! My kids are a riot by that time. When we leave for nursery at 8.30 iv probably been screaming at them to get shoes on and then there friend will appear at the door and they will all be shouting and laughing etc never even thought it might be an issue.
Think someone's annoyed at you!

General noise is classed as acceptable between 7am-11pm. Record yourself and play it over and over :haha:

Ask if they would prefer you to say their name too if they're feeling a little left out.

Hahaha they don’t want to live next to me then !

Cheeky !

With how loud, obnoxious and horrid they sound, I say they are in the wrong. If they even have the audacity to come at you to complain you definitely stand up to them.

They sound like my neighbours!

I don’t think what you’re doing is unacceptable at all, shout it louder in future!

My neighbour works in a pub until midnight most nights so she knocked and asked if I could keep the children out of Our back garden until at least 11am and if we could be as quiet as possible in the house it would be appreciated :shrug:

They sound like my neighbours!

I don’t think what you’re doing is unacceptable at all, shout it louder in future!

My neighbour works in a pub until midnight most nights so she knocked and asked if I could keep the children out of Our back garden until at least 11am and if we could be as quiet as possible in the house it would be appreciated :shrug:

Damn that’s cheeky ! Just because she works late you have to adhere to her rules in your own home, no way. Am all for being considerate to our neighbours etc but to actually knock and tell you that . Crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"