Show me how you stack your Stash (cloth nappies)

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by Mommy's Angel, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Mommy's Angel

Mommy's Angel Mommy to Angelboy 10/22/9

This may sound silly, but I'm trying to be as organized as I can. With that in mind and since I'm on bed rest, to keep the time going I try to find new ideas.

I have prefolds and will be getting nappy covers next week. My question is where do you stack them, how do you stack them so they are looking neat and ready to use?

What do you do with your bins that you stash dirty nappies in?

Please share pics if you can. This new momma would like some organization. :winkwink::thumbup:

Thank you!:flower:

2. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Well our most frequently used ones are sitting in boxes on top of a chest of drawers and the rest are in boxes in the bottom of LO's wardrobe, but that's only because we're trying to sell our flat and OH said they made the bedroom look too cluttered how I really like them. As soon as we move, I'm getting them all out again - I can't wait cos we'll have two babies in nappies then!

This is how I would choose to have them - on Billy bookcases from Ikea, pretties shown off and anything messy like random boosters or prefolds in children's boxes with mesh sides, also from Ikea:

https://i56.tinypic.com/2zxtv5t.jpg

Wow that's actually a very old pic, I don't have half of that now, it's all been replaced!

We have one nappy bucket next the loo in the bathroom (for dirty nappies) and one in the hallway between the living room and the bedroom. If we were in a house over two floors, I would have one upstairs and one downstairs.

3. Mommy's Angel

Oh my goodness! That's ADORABLE!! Thanks for sharing that. :hugs:

4. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

We don't have pretty nappies as such - Imogen's are stacked on a billy bookcase with wraps and boosters in these boxes from Ikea

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50171749

Teddy's are stacked in a little lloyd loom ottoman I recovered to match his nursery and his wraps are in a wicker basket on his windowsill.

5. mandarhino

mandarhino Mum of 1

I keep mine on a shelf up high in my bathroom because she can't reach them and make a mess. We change her in the bathroom on a mat on the floor. No bins as I use extra large Monkeyfoot wetbags instead.

When she was younger and not mobile, I kept them in boxes on her changing unit in her room.

https://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/mandarhino/IMAG0108.jpg

6. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

When we had a downstairs loo, we had a nappy bucket in there. Now we just have one in each bedroom for the kids.

7. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

I feel so sad.. As mine are all in the bottom drawer of a unit! I should invest in shelving to show them off!

8. Jetters

Jetters Well-Known Member

This is quite an old pic (from christmas, hence the snowman!) and these days they're in a different shelving unit (just cos i'm moving house in a few weeks) but here's how we had it for aaaaaaaaaages... I use a big purple bucket that I got from ebay for the nappy bin.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/yasbayat/DSCF8023.jpg

9. Mommy's Angel

Thank you all SO much. Great ideas and now I have something to start with. Rachel, what nappies do you have? I'm here in the U.S. and haven't seen those cuties. LOVE the fun colors!

10. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Hmmm let me see... I don't have a lot of those anymore!

Top shelf (not the one with boxes on): Ladybird Cushie Tushie; Snowfall Cushie Tushie; Chubby Cheeks AI2; Wee Notions AI2 x 4, two pink random ones, Tots Bots Easyfit Flower Power, some random white fitteds then a red Itti Bitti on the end. Small shelf: prefolds and Wee Notions inserts.
    Middle shelf: some Flutterby Fluff fitteds, a Sweetiebums fitted, four Thirsties Fab fitteds. Small shelf: 2 Wee Notions Night Notions, 2 Puddlekins Silent Nights.
    Bottom shelf: 6 Bitti Boos, Flip SD inserts. Small shelf: Pile of Flips, then top down: Thirsties Duo wrap, Wee Notions wrap, Olive Jane wrap, then some random wool/fleece covers :)

11. T-Bex

T-Bex Mother of one

I just put mine in drawers... Not that they all fit, now! :haha:

12. Mommy's Angel

Wow! You had quite the stash! They are lovely!

13. JShaw

JShaw Well-Known Member

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread! I love seeing how you all have them organized! I've just received my first stash and haven't gotten around to organizing them yet. Love the pics!

14. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

^^^was thinking that too!